Fixing the lens wiggle issue

adri4122

Hello,
I have the lens wiggle issue with my X-T2, which is not a problem itself. The real problem is that the movement is so important that it disconnects the lens from the body every time I zoom in or out, which makes the camera restart... You guessed it, it is really annoying when taking some pictures and filming...
As the camera not under warranty anymore, I wonder if there is any way to fix it myself ?
Thank you...

Hi, this is a common X-mount issue. Fuji has addressed this in the X-H1 but hasn't seen it through in the next cameras (X-T3/T4/S10...). So it remains a 'weak spot'. It can be an issue with the camera mount (esp. the flanges) or the lens mount. Neither you can easily fix yourself unless it is a matter of loose mount screws. You might want to check that. If that doesn't help, the best thing to do is send the camera + lens in for service. Expect it to be at least $200 or so, but still cheaper than buying another camera or lens. By the way, try another lens (a similar heavy zoom) to make sure it's either the camera or lens. A good retailer could help you isolate the problem.

PS. lens wiggle can also be a real issue in itself, as it can be the result of a crooked mount that causes misalignment of lens and sensor. That will result in reduced image quality.

Ok thank you, the problem is exactly the same with all my lenses, it just depends on the outside temperature (when colder, the problem disappears) so I think it's just the camera...
In particular conditions, I noticed strange effects on some of my pictures which could be the result of a crooked mount... 
I hope it's not the case, but it seems that I will have to send it for service anyway 😕

Thank you for replying ! 😄