Will you buy the 35mm f2?

benjaminthomson

At the time when I shared the 33mmF1.0 rumor, my source said that Fuji is considering to make it... not that it was 100% sure that they make it. I decided to publish in order to make a bit of pressure on the Fuji Guys in Tokyo and let them know the FR-community would gladly buy such a lens. It's a risk, because it could end with a wrong rumor, but I think it's worth to risk in this case ;)

but if it comes, then it will in any case still take pretty much time. I will try to dig up more about it soon for you guys.

At the time when I shared the 33mmF1.0 rumor, my source said that Fuji is considering to make it... not that it was 100% sure that they make it. I decided to publish in order to make a bit of pressure on the Fuji Guys in Tokyo and let them know the FR-community would gladly buy such a lens. It's a risk, because it could end with a wrong rumor, but I think it's worth to risk in this case ;)

but if it comes, then it will in any case still take pretty much time. I will try to dig up more about it soon for you guys.

Indeed, but I think it's a certainty, assuming they can control the corner brightness and resolution. F/1.0 makes a lot of people sit up and take an interest in your system I think.

I prefer x100 series + TCL. Of course PixelPeepers will now scream about low sharpness at close focus distances. But IMO x100 series is must have for any serious portrait photographer because of the leaf shutter. Otherwise sell everything you have including your family and get medium format)))

I cant see a reason (for me) to buy the F2.0. My F1.4 is just brilliant.

Of course you can't, because you already have XF 35/1.4 lens.

I would seriously consider smaller, 1 stop slower WR lens for my X-T1 if I had a choice at the time of purchase.

Choice is always a good thing to have.

Definitely, more choice is freedom, although it produces more expensive lenses because it dilutes the market.

If they would really introduce the 35mm f1 we would be really spoiled for choice and even then there would be someone who would ask for the 35mm with “ N’ number of blades that Fuji hasn’t yet thought of and probably will never produce.

Some like it hot, some cold, some rare, some well done.

I like the look of the new lens and if the optical results would be at par I would certainly consider a silver version (I have a certain penchant for the silver finish).

I prefer x100 series + TCL. Of course PixelPeepers will now scream about low sharpness at close focus distances. But IMO x100 series is must have for any serious portrait photographer because of the leaf shutter. Otherwise sell everything you have including your family and get medium format)))

I owned both the x100s and x100t. I loved them and would consider owning again but the battery life was a solid step down compared to the x-pro, sometimes it seems like I got 30 shots.

I owned both the x100s and x100t. I loved them and would consider owning again but the battery life was a solid step down compared to the x-pro, sometimes it seems like I got 30 shots.

Just a bunch of spares and the problem is solved. Quite a reasonable price for x100* advantages. BTW my single full charged battery is always enough for 300+ photos two hour photoshoots. EVF only x100s. Nevertheless I still dream about 16,23,35,56,90 X-mount lenses with leaf shutters as 23 and TCL are not always enough))). 

If they do come out with the f/1, and I can afford it, I'd love to sell my 1.4 and use the f/1 and f/2. Money's tight these days (I'm a recent graduate and my wife is still in teachers college), so anything I buy has to be practical for the photography jobs I do, and it really depends on if I can afford to get it. 

It also depends on what bodies I have. For practicality's sake, my next body will likely be the X-T2 (again, because it's more valuable for the jobs I do). But if the X-T2 isn't released by this coming spring, and I end up getting an X-Pro 2, I'd be more likely to get the 35mm f/2 because they'd make a great walk around kit.

I was in doubt about this lens but I think I won't buy it. My type of pictures don't need very fast AF (not missing it at the moment) and never had a problem with rain. I thought it was going to be a lot smaller but it looks like it's almost as long (only smaller in diameter). 

So I am happy for now with my f/1.4. A 23mm f/2.0 though :D (smaller than the current version...).

Definetely buying it! 

I don't mind having the f2 instead of the 1.4, the lens will be WR and much smaller, lighter, that's all I want for a mirrorless.

The thing that stopped me buying the 1.4 was its size so, I just hope the new 35 will be cheaper than the older one

Except it won't be much smaller. Only the front of the lens is smaller in diameter for the OVF.

2qukfmv.jpg

I'll definitely get one, once the X-Pro2 or X-T2 are available. Weather resistant lens/camera is a must for me for street photography as I love to shoot under the rain. It's the only problem I have with the X100T is that I'm always afraid when it's raining. And 50mm equivalent is always welcome :)