GFX50s automated focus bracketing

petersea

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone experienced problems with GFX50 automated focus bracketing since the last firmware update? I am on 4.20 and I can't get it to take more than one frame.

It still works on manual with no problem. I have drive set to focus bracketing, electronic shutter and do the complete procedure of setting focus at A then B. I've tried it by then pressing the back button and also without. I've tried on manual focus and auto single. I've tried with several lenses and I have also tried resetting to factory default. Thoughts?

Is it possible/ advisable to revert to the previous firmware to test that as the cause?

Well, it turns out it was operator error after all. Perhaps this can help others who are similarly confused!

I was pressing ok to set point A and then refocusing for point B and then pressing ok again to set. DO NOT PRESS OK A SECOND TIME. This just resets point A, leaving point B unset so only one frame is taken.

I'm either dim or tired.....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By MaryMurf
      How do I set my xt20 so I can hold it halfway and adjust the focus? Also, the shutter is so sensitive that I end up taking pictures when I turn the camera on and off. Am I doing something wrong in my settings?
      thanks
      mary
    • By zuluviper
      I am using a X-E1 camera with a vintage Canon FD 50mm F1.8 lens. 
      When I take an image the result is always soft, even though the viewfinder or screen show a very sharp image, however as soon as I press the shutter pre-view the image is soft, and when I take the photograph, the result is soft - like it is very slightly out of focus. I have used this with focus peaking and everything looks sharp. Am I correct in assuming that images seen on the screen when focusing is via the lens? is it the lens? or my setting or my manual focusing ability. some help will be useful, TIA.
    • By triptomoon
      I'm new to the Fuji system and I would like to know if it's possible to set a focus zone and tell the camera to "only search for faces in that specific area", instead of hunting everywhere in the image and end up focusing on some passer-by in the background? Also, when face/eye detection isn't hitting the right target, what's the quickest way to manually toggle out of it? I tried moving my focus point with the joystick but the camera would fight me and keep picking up faces in the areas I don't want. Does anyone have a solution with this? I'm using an X-T30. 
    • By Frodo007
      Hello there! I am new to this forum and a proud owner of an X-T2.
      Last night I wished to try interval timer shooting to stack some star tracks, so I programmed my gear for 545 1-second exposures each separated by 10 seconds, at ISO 1000.  OIS was off, AF was set to manual with focus set at infinity and aperture also set to manual, at the widest setting for the lens. The body firmware version is 4.30 and the battery was fully charged.

When the shooting was over, I was disappointed to see that only 292 exposures had been taken instead of the 545 I had keyed in.

Anybody have an idea why this happened?
    • By paulbroad
      British heavy bomber rear gunner. Museum display. XT-3 focus stacking feature.
    • After upgrading my iPhone to IOS 15 the Cam Remote app fails to connect to the camera (X100V). Re-installed the app - no change. Anyone with the same issue, and hopefully a solution?
    • No, perhaps I was not clear. Just about the only thing that keeps you from using es is having a flash unit attached. I regularly use electronic shutter with very long exposures when I am outdoors, it saves wear and tear on the mechanical shutter. So something else is going on. Try a full reset and see if that clears it up as well as making sure you have the latest firmware installed. Having tethering would be nice, but Fujifilm seems to have saved that for the X-T3, X-T4, etc.
    • Ah, that's probably what it is then - I'm using a slow exposure and no flash. I just have the 1st and 3rd options on my menu. I bought a mirrorless camera because I thought it would be better than my dslrs but it's pretty useless for what I wanted it for. No live view/tethering  And can't even use the electronic shutter  Yet I can take a 4k video. It doesn't make sense that I can do that but can't take a still.  Louise  
    • That is odd, there are very few other settings that limit using es. Having a flash unit attached is one, but I would have thought that would also keep you from using ms+es. Mines does this: Have you upgraded to the most recent firmware? This may sound drastic, have you copied you settings down somewhere and tried a full reset?
    • Thanks for the reply. I don't have that choice in my x-t30 menu  It's just MS or ES/MS with ES for fast exposures i.e. 1/4000s Louise