XT1 Eye cup doesn't stay put

zenmartini

Had the original and now the extended version eye cup... they both have the same issue. .I keep finding them on the floor or in my drive way or the floor of my car. Has anyone else had the issue with the eye cup not staying in place and have you found a solution?

Had that issue with the standard issued one, the long eyecup clips itself much better and I haven't had any accident with it and I usually just shove the camera in my bag with the eyecrup clearly rubbing against the cloth (sorry I do not know the correct term here) every single time I take it out or put it back.

Side note, I think you got a double thread post.

Maybe, DarkNJ, you mean the " lining “ of the bag? Maybe that’s the word you were looking for.

I suppose, Zenmartini, that this phenomenon has something to do with the camera itself because my original eyecup ( yes it is different from the replacement on the extended eyecup and doesn’t have the “ clicking” prongs of the newer one) never came off easily and I had to pry it off when I replaced it.

In fact I didn’t replace it, as others did, because I’ve lost it but because I thought it would be better.

Not long ago, following one of the threads on this matters, I had to take the new “ extended” eyecup off in order to compare it with the old one to assess whether the new and the old one were, indeed, different and I had some serious problems to pull it ( or rather push it) out of the place where it resides.

Perhaps, fuji improved the rails on the camera along the way somewhat?

Perhaps the first batch of X-T1’s had a looser fitting which was then improved following reports that the camera were losing the eyecup?

My camera is just over one year old.

When properly installed/seated, the extended eyecup is not likely to fall off. It's actually somewhat difficult to remove.

Look closely at the photo below. The Fuji extended eyecup has two small plastic tabs on the bottom edge that clip in firmly below the viewfinder. This helps keep the extended cup from wobbling around or sliding off... and also makes it seemingly more difficult to remove.

To remove, pull out on the bottom of the extended eyecup far enough to release the clips, then push upwards to remove.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I use the extended eye-cup that I purchased on Amazon and no matter what I do to it and/or the camera it stays put.  I don't understand why yours would not...  Unless it is some cheap knock off?  Just asking, not offending.

If it is an authentic piece, and you want it to stay put, maybe dab some crazy glue in there?

J