X-T1: eBay Thump Up Grip Anyone?

typeronin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Hot-shoe-hotshoe-Hand-Thumb-Grip-For-Fujifilm-Fuji-XT1-X-T1-ILDC-camera-Gray-/400999801074?hash=item5d5d7360f2

Anyone tried one of these? Yes, they're from China but it's also $60 less than the LensMate thumb up.

My concern is that it doesn't look long enough to reach far enough to the right where my thumb is...

You pay for what you get. Why cheap out on something when you've invested so much into your camera.

That's one way of looking at it... but cameras, lenses and accessories are so overpriced to begin with why not look into cheaper alternatives ?  Some of the Chinese stuff is very good value for the $.  ;)

actually this one that I’ve spoken about in this thread looks a bit nicer

http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/1176-fittest-mz-005-alternative-thumb’s-grip-for-x-t1/

There is nothing highly technological in a Thumb’s rest or grip however you turn it so you are not sacrificing anything if you find a cheaper one but of course you can convince yourself that a simple piece of metal can contain some high technology to warrant a 600% price difference.

I don’t buy it (literally!)

A salesperson in a Dutch shop told me that he could give me a serious discount on the lensmate ( still way more expensive than this one ) because their margin was very high. This probably explains the incredibly high price. Shops earn more on accessories than they do on cameras.

The lensmate and any exact copy won’t have the same problem as that one because it actually has another contact point, on the camera body, but yes be careful with anything since your camera can fall off the tripod and be smashed!

Does that mean we don’t have to use tripods? No, it means that you need to take care when you do.

Crossing the road is dangerous, you might die... yet we do it all the time!