Overheating while on menu/idle/photography (not recording/movies)

pplgo

Hi,

I just received a xt-4 as a gift and unfortunately the person who gifted does not have the original receipt.. So I wasn't sure if warranty covers anything.

***Problem***

I noticed that as I was customizing the new camera, setting up options, presets, shortcuts and etc. the xt4 was getting warm/mildly hot to the touch.
I wasn't recording, I in-fact even tried turning the back display off into simple menu, so that the liveview isn't on when I'm not reviewing photos.

Camera hasn't shutdown or warn me saying its too hot but its definitely too warm considering I'm not even taking photos and was just on menus.
Seems like it takes about 10 minutes in the menu for it to start getting warm.

When I took it outside (85 degrees) for some photos, it starts to get warm around 15-20 minutes of walking around, taking photos.
I haven't shot more than 30 minutes in a row yet, but I assume it wont get any cooler?

I come from DSLRs and this is my first mirrorless, so I'm confused if this is a normal thing? or if there's something wrong with my xt4?
Could it be some options I have turned on? I originally suspected that it was bluetooth but I turned it off, and even tried turning IBIS off.
Boost mode is also not on, and the LCD/EVF brightness is on default settings.

Has this happened to any of your xt4s? And if so, are there any solutions.. I'm mortified since I don't have the original receipt anymore..

Edited by pplgo

It happens to my x-t2 also; don't be much afraid. It is getting warm whether you do take fotos or not.

It is a computer, no more DSLR.

Make sure having one or two spare batteries with you any time.

Buy a set of one or two batteries together with a battery loading device.