s10 HDMI tether

abcdesi

I'm trying to see how using the s10 with hdmi tether to the computer will work for livestreaming and as a webcam. (Yes, I know the latest update allows the camera to be used as a webcam using the Fujifilm webcam software. However, you do not get continuous focusing, and are limited in other ways as well.)

1) When I connect the camera via HDMI, my live feed is at a weird ratio. The feed is clean (no icons), but is squished together. It is not the proper 16:9 aspect ratio. It looks like it has been squished into 3:2 ratio. BTW, I am shooting in video mode.

2) Is there a way to turn off both the EVF and LCD to save battery and overheating? When tethering as a webcam with usb, I set the screen setting to EVFonly+sensor. This makes sure that both the EVF and LCD are off as long as nothing is close to the EVF sensor. That really saves battery usage, and keeps the camera from getting hot. However this solution does not work when connected via HDMI. The EVF remains on, making the camera very hot, and draining the battery quickly.

Solutions?
NW