What does message: “Cannot Use S.S. Slower Than Framerate” mean

What does message: “Cannot Use S.S. Slower Than Framerate” mean. I'm trying to shot 59.94p DCI 17:9 (4096 x 2160) 400Mbps with ALL-I on my X-T3 with output to a Ninja V via HDMI. I don't want interpolated frames added. Just clean HDMI output to my Ninja V recorder. I need 59.94p slow motion.

Can I do this or not? Should I ignore the message? 

Doing short 5 sec to 1 minute clips.

Thank you,

On 7/10/2021 at 4:08 AM, Global Otter said:

What does message: “Cannot Use S.S. Slower Than Framerate” mean. I'm trying to shot 59.94p DCI 17:9 (4096 x 2160) 400Mbps with ALL-I on my X-T3 with output to a Ninja V via HDMI. I don't want interpolated frames added. Just clean HDMI output to my Ninja V recorder. I need 59.94p slow motion.

Can I do this or not? Should I ignore the message? 

Doing short 5 sec to 1 minute clips.

Thank you,

As jerry mentioned... you tried to set shutter speed below 60 while trying to take a dci 59.9p video, which is basically 60 frames per second and thus it require minimum shutter speed of 60. it's not possible for any cameras to have a slower shutter speed than the video frame rate. but if you have any further issues related to the video recording.. please mention, we would gladly help you. have a nice day !. also when you choose "slow motion mode" then you can shoot in 120 fps.. you don't have to shoot in 60fps.... but if you were mentioning about recording video in 60fps and then making it slow motion in post.. then don't choose "slow motion" mode, there is option to record  in 60fps dci in regular video resolution settings itself. which you can slow down in post. hope this helps.

Edited by K PRETHVIRAJ

K,

I appreciate your assistance. I'm still having issue with getting the shutter speed warning to go away on the Fuji X-T3 Movie Mode menu. I have tried increasing the shutter speed, that had been 60, in the electronic menu and on the manual wheel on the top of the camera to 60, 120, 240. The message: “Cannot Use S.S. Slower Than Framerate” remains at the bottom of the Movie Mode menu. It will not go away unless I lower the resolution to FHD 16:9. Even at 4k 16:9 the the message reappears.

Is there a trick to changing Shutter Speed that I'm missing on the X-T3. Again the output is by HDMI to an Atomos Ninja V. I really need 59.94p DCI 17:9 (4096 x 2160) 400Mbps with ALL-I in order to produce competitive B-Roll slow motion macro clips. I can't compromise on this level of output quality.

Thank you,

Terrence

8 hours ago, Global Otter said:

K,

I appreciate your assistance. I'm still having issue with getting the shutter speed warning to go away on the Fuji X-T3 Movie Mode menu. I have tried increasing the shutter speed, that had been 60, in the electronic menu and on the manual wheel on the top of the camera to 60, 120, 240. The message: “Cannot Use S.S. Slower Than Framerate” remains at the bottom of the Movie Mode menu. It will not go away unless I lower the resolution to FHD 16:9. Even at 4k 16:9 the the message reappears.

Is there a trick to changing Shutter Speed that I'm missing on the X-T3. Again the output is by HDMI to an Atomos Ninja V. I really need 59.94p DCI 17:9 (4096 x 2160) 400Mbps with ALL-I in order to produce competitive B-Roll slow motion macro clips. I can't compromise on this level of output quality.

Thank you,

Terrence

I searched for your issue in other forums and few had it and they said it's after the latest firmware version etc... And they said this.  "when choosing movie compression Long GOP only show this message, otherwise if choosing all-intra it will not show the message" . So i hope this helps !.. i'm youta, not k . Have a nice day !. [Also if you don't have HDMI 2.0 you won't be able to record 4k60 , so check your cable too , HDMI 1.4 can only support 4k30]

On 7/9/2021 at 6:42 PM, Global Otter said:

BTW, the manual states, "When 4K is 59.94P and 50P automatically switch to 29.97P and 25P, respectively." 

So, does the X-T3 not do any DCI 17:9 (4096 x 2160) output to the Ninja V at 59.94p? Just need to know so I can move on.

After digging through the manual, I found this happens when the compression type is set to All-Intra with the 4K frame size. Whether or not this also occurs when Long-GOP compression, the manual does not say.

Do you have a way to read the exif information from the movie file?

1 minute ago, K PRETHVIRAJ said:

I searched for your issue in other forums and few had it and they said it's after the latest firmware version etc... And they said this.  "when choosing movie compression Long GOP only show this message, otherwise if choosing all-intra it will not show the message" . So i hope this helps !.. i'm youta, not k . Have a nice day !. [Also if you don't have HDMI 2.0 you won't be able to record 4k60 , so check your cable too , HDMI 1.4 can only support 4k30]

Ha! You beat me to it!!!!!