X-T30 AUTO MODE

PaulaO

Is my camera broken???? when switched to AUTO mode user have no say over focus point.... Auto  - I do understand, AUTO to this extend I don't, I just wanna take a picture with specific thing in the frame... well who knows maybe after 10 minutes of trying camera will decide to focus on the subject I WANT. Any one dare to explain or I should assume faulty unit. Thanks a lot

Btw... have any one used pre-set sport mode??? What a JOKE... S.S. LIMIT 320 ISO LIMIT 6400 why would any one need a sport mode at 320??? its more like street photography.

Didn't pay to much attention to it simply because I don't use Auto mode any way, yet getting x-s10 for my girlfriend lately I have noticed this sort of differences. Is a x-t30 users some how too dump to deserve something better than? Why would one even bother with Auto mode having impossible to use option. any thoughts or I did massively overlooked something. well x-s10 let you focus wher you wish (that's the purpose of camera) and sport mode SS is 1000 until hit ISO limit. thanks.

2 hours ago, mrPeter said:

I never use dummie settings like auto or pre-set modes with cameras that are fully capable of shooting sports with high iso and high shutterspeeds that I can set myself.....

Oh, and dumb is written with a b at the end. 😉

Very true... so the shutter speed are two words.... and so on :)) BTW You must have noticed that English is at list my 3rd language. Any way back to the topic... That's the whole point... why AUTO mode, why special lever to go into... why modes... if- using lawyers term... the camera has been "frustrated"... IE impossible to use in a given mode. Imagine camera choosing its focus point :)))... I am not kidding... my X10 let me do it, my X30, my XS10 but XT30 not to mention all my old Nikons. Don't take me wrong I like this camera yet thinking its a joke.

2 hours ago, PaulaO said:

Very true... so the shutter speed are two words.... and so on :)) BTW You must have noticed that English is at list my 3rd language. Any way back to the topic... That's the whole point... why AUTO mode, why special lever to go into... why modes... if- using lawyers term... the camera has been "frustrated"... IE impossible to use in a given mode. Imagine camera choosing its focus point :)))... I am not kidding... my X10 let me do it, my X30, my XS10 but XT30 not to mention all my old Nikons. Don't take me wrong I like this camera yet thinking its a joke.

I never noticed it until you said !. i never shot in auto mode in xt-30, since it doesn't have a raw option in the "sr auto mode" , i guess just to make it a bit less capable than other camera's for price difference. but x-s 10 has it. also as you said, it automatically focus on the subjects, it likes in full auto mode !. i guess it's one of the few things crippled or limited by software, to differentiate it from x-s10. Anyway, you can switch everything into auto , by individually switching shutter speed, aperture, iso. into auto mode. and then it will be same as auto mode and you can touch to focus . hope this helps !. have a nice day !.

"...is at list..." :)) goodone.

OK. well you right. At the end of the day its just a small brother of X-T3, yet, one thing is limiting capability in order to grade the product other is selling a camera for £850 body which cant be used as camera... imagine handing it over to family member or let say my 7y old in Auto mode... useless, every other picture focused randomly on something you didn't want... YES I did try it with my 7y old.   I feel bit strange that nobody is literally upset with that... you know point and shoot, POINT.... wait, don't bother pointing  just shoot- you have no say about point... I swear to God my daughters pinkie Z30 is more respectful in this category. OK. I do consider this topic closed, enough of me winging like an old man... Thanks for some insights and remarks.