Fujifilm X-T30 and Aperture Mode

Rael

Hi,

I'm wondering if I have an issue with my camera and maybe someone can offer some guidance. 

I have a Fujifilm X-T30 with an 18-55 XF Zoom lens and was trying out Aperture Priority (AP) for the first time. My setup was: Manual Focus, F11, ISO 80, AF mode single point, Photometry to Multi, DR 100. Also, Exposure Compensation Dial (ECD) set to 0.

I took a picture and check for any blown-out highlights. It was generally a bright day with white clouds, so at F11 the camera was choosing about a shutter speed of 1/170 and I was getting blown out highlights. So I then use the ECD to reduce the exposure by a stop or more but sometimes (quite often in fact), and still in AP mode, the camera would 'suddenly' show 1/4000 in red on the display. (Note: turning the ECD back to 0 did not force the camera to go back to the original shutter speed).

With the ECD set to -2, I switch the camera off and back on, the problem no longer there and a faster shutter speed selected. The manual states: "If the correct exposure cannot be achieved at the selected aperture, shutter speed will be displayed in red." It looks like the camera is having difficulty for whatever reason

The body firmware is at 1.00 and the lens at 3.22.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an issue with the camera in AP mode?

Cheers,
Rael

17 hours ago, Rael said:

Hi,

I'm wondering if I have an issue with my camera and maybe someone can offer some guidance. 

I have a Fujifilm X-T30 with an 18-55 XF Zoom lens and was trying out Aperture Priority (AP) for the first time. My setup was: Manual Focus, F11, ISO 80, AF mode single point, Photometry to Multi, DR 100. Also, Exposure Compensation Dial (ECD) set to 0.

I took a picture and check for any blown-out highlights. It was generally a bright day with white clouds, so at F11 the camera was choosing about a shutter speed of 1/170 and I was getting blown out highlights. So I then use the ECD to reduce the exposure by a stop or more but sometimes (quite often in fact), and still in AP mode, the camera would 'suddenly' show 1/4000 in red on the display. (Note: turning the ECD back to 0 did not force the camera to go back to the original shutter speed).

With the ECD set to -2, I switch the camera off and back on, the problem no longer there and a faster shutter speed selected. The manual states: "If the correct exposure cannot be achieved at the selected aperture, shutter speed will be displayed in red." It looks like the camera is having difficulty for whatever reason

The body firmware is at 1.00 and the lens at 3.22.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an issue with the camera in AP mode?

Cheers,
Rael

As jerry said , please update the firmware !. also while shooting change the "photometry" settings and check the results. have a nice day !.

Edited by K PRETHVIRAJ