Problems to install FUJIFILM X Acquire on Macbook PRO "Cannot start FUJIFILM X Acquire. Another camera control application software is running."

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Greetings from Brazil!

I have 2 questions:

1) I get the following error when I try to install FUJIFILM X Acquire on Macbook PRO running macOs Big Sur 11.4: "Cannot start FUJIFILM X Acquire. Another camera control application software is running."

1953982364_ScreenShot2021-07-02at16_18_49.png.28e2426ea9dc78ec9b7ac65f25c38ba5.png

What can I do to be able to install?

2) Am I going to be able to use my X-T30 to recording in 4K using "Streamlabs OBS Recording Software" after I install "FUJIFILM X Acquire"?

Since you are using a MacBook, applications that use the on-board camera like FaceTime does while running in the background, may be getting in the way.

This may help:

https://www.howtogeek.com/682516/mac-camera-not-working-heres-how-to-fix-it/

I do not use the program you listed in your second question, so I do not have an answer for that one.

On 7/3/2021 at 3:21 PM, jerryy said:

Since you are using a MacBook, applications that use the on-board camera like FaceTime does while running in the background, may be getting in the way.

This may help:

https://www.howtogeek.com/682516/mac-camera-not-working-heres-how-to-fix-it/

I do not use the program you listed in your second question, so I do not have an answer for that one.

Thanks for your help. I tried everything on that page, even to run the command 

sudo killall VDCAssistant;sudo killall AppleCameraAssistant

and nothing worked. 

How could you guys, Mac Owners running the latest mac OS Big Sur in Intel based architecture install the "FUJIFILM X Acquire" software? Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By K PRETHVIRAJ
      Hoping for fujifilm to release tethered shooting for xt-30 soon, for allowing it to use it as a webcam, since webcam mode isn't working. xs-10 was having the same issue which has been fixed by fujifilm 2 days ago through a firmware update, which brought the tethered shooting ability to xs-10 and thus enabling it be used properly as a webcam. since webcam functionality is much needed in today's work lifestyle , really hope that fujifilm address this issue of xt-30, same way they addressed xs-10 , by adding functionality !. so everyone who has xt-30, let's sent feedback to fujifilm, directly or by commenting in the webcam thread in the "xt-30" pages, like we were commenting in xs-10 pages. since fujifilm care about feedback, thus hoping that they will address this quickly. have a nice day !.
    • By Kalborosie
      On my video files appear horizontal lines, I attach the screenshot, have anyone this problem? How can I solve it? Thx

• By teaandcake
      Hi,
      I had a quick search for this and couldn’t see anything so apologies if it’s been posted before. 

I have an X-T30 which I love, but the one thing that annoys me is the tripod plate needs to be removed to access the battery compartment. I’ve seen a few l brackets which allow access to the battery compartment. 
      I have a Peak Design tripod, so the plate needs to be unscrewed with a little key and it’s just a pain. 
      Can anyone recommend an l bracket which is compatible with the X-T30, allows access to the battery compartment, is decent quality and doesn’t add too much bulk?
      I’d appreciate it if you could send your recommendations. 

Thank you 😊 
    • By StudioB|Photography
      I switched over to Fuji from Nikon a few years ago and seem to have become quite a gear collector. When I used Nikon I had a Nikon D7200 and the 24mm f1.8, 35mm f1.8, 50mm 1.8, 85mm f1.8, and 60mm f2.8D lenses. Since moving to Fuji I have managed to obtain the following:
      cameras: X-T3, X-T30, and recently the X100V
      lenses: Laowa 9mm f2.8, Fuji 10-24mm, Fuji 16mm F2, Fuji 16mm f1.4, Fuji 16-80, Fuji 18-55, Fuji 23mm f2, Fuji 27mm, Fuji 35mm f2, Mitakon 35mm, Fuji 50mm F2, Fuji 56mm, Voigtlander 58mm f1.4, Fuji 55-200, and the Fuji 90mm (still also have the Nikon 60mm f2.8D).
      So I love all of these lenses, but honestly have way too many to put them all to use as I should. I am wanting to move to a minimalist set up. I recently purchased the X100V and instantly fell in love with that camera. The one lens design has really helped me rediscover what I loved about photography upon first starting out. So the X100V is staying with me. So I am wanting to sell some of my excess and need some advice about what to keep. At the moment I am thinking about keeping the X-T3 with the Laowa 9mm, Fuji 16 f1.4, Fuji 56 f1.2, Fuji 90mm f2, Fuji 16-80mm, Mitakon 35mm, and Voigtlander 58mm f1.4 (just for the fun of manual focusing).
      My question is, does this sound like a reasonable set-up? I really want to move away from zooms (except for the 16-80 for fun).
    • By Somemorr
      My problem:
      My X-t30 no longer lets me record video. Nothing happens when I push the shutter button in video mode.
      Background:
      - My main use for this camera is for recording video projects at my workplace.
      - I noticed the issue after using the camera as a webcam with a elgato camlink 4k. I had optimised the in-camera settings for use as a webcam during the past months of Zooming everyday.
      My attempted fixes so far:
      - I reverted all my in-camera settings back to my usual, non-webcam settings.
      - I updated the firmware to the latest version.
      -  Many google searches to see if anyone else has had and posted a fix to this issue.