X-T30 cannot focus or shoot

Arlaug

Dear fellow X-T30ers,

I hope you might be able to help me. I recently took an X-T30 (as recent as April), after almost 13 years of using Canon DSLR models. I was mildly prepared for the learning curve but I am positive I may yet muster through. Alas now, I put my old but formatted 64GB Card and, try as I may I cannot bring the device to focus. When I press the shutter button halfway through there is no green light on the right side of the panel nor can I hear any sound, but the worst thing is that I cannot bring the camera to take any kind of an image, regardless of the DOF or Focus. I will attach some images here, I would really appreciate any input. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

18 minutes ago, Olaf W. said:

Does the X-T30 have a front switch for selcting the lens mode like the X-T3 does? If yes male sure it‘s not set to m(anual).

I am guessing you meant this switch?  I tried with all 3 modes. I am really starting to suspect an internal, mechanical issue, but I find it at the same time so unlikely... 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edit:SOLVED

Well, I guess it was one of those "have you tried turning it off and on again?... Or at least to some extent. I took the lenses off and put them back on.

Edited by Arlaug
Input