X-T4 for kids and pets

Winstron

Hello All, 

I’m new to photography and I’m really, really leaning towards the x-T4. I’ve done tons of research and been back and forth between several cameras but based on all the sample images I view, I keep coming back to the x-t4. 

Before I pull the trigger I just want to make sure that the x-t4 will be able to pick up fast moving kids and a puppy. Running toward the camera and everything.  I plan on getting the 16-55 lens with the body. 

This is the only thing I’m concerned about. From what I read, the x-t4s autofocus is behind the the competitions. 

If I wouldn’t have a problem with kids and pets then I be more than happy I think. Hoping someone uses this camera for kids and pets and can give some real-world info. 

Thanks! 

Kids should be able to work with it in point and shoot mode, but the pets might have a few problems, most dog paws are too big to move the controls. Cat paws and bird claws might be capable, you will just have to try it with which ever pet you are wanting to hand the camera off to and have them grab a few frames.

Most of the knocks on theX-T4’s autofocus come from trying to use lenses that are designed for stills to get videos, they just were not designed to react that way. These complaints vanished when the reviewer attached “video” lenses and tried again. If you are mainly wanting still photos, you should have no problems.

1 hour ago, jerryy said:

Kids should be able to work with it in point and shoot mode, but the pets might have a few problems, most dog paws are too big to move the controls. Cat paws and bird claws might be capable, you will just have to try it with which ever pet you are wanting to hand the camera off to and have them grab a few frames.

Most of the knocks on theX-T4’s autofocus come from trying to use lenses that are designed for stills to get videos, they just were not designed to react that way. These complaints vanished when the reviewer attached “video” lenses and tried again. If you are mainly wanting still photos, you should have no problems.

Thanks! I would be mainly getting the camera for stills and mixing a little video of the kids in. 

Yeah I have to agree with you. I have an English Bulldog puppy and his paws are way too pudgy. 

Thanks again.