X-T3 Serial Number question

Hope somebody can help me here...!

In short terms: A few weeks ago I sent my X-T3 to the Fuji repair service here in Mexico, the front command dial was no longer working. Last Friday I received a camera back.

My problem now: The camera I received back shows in the EXIF data a different serial number than the camera I sent to the repair center. The serial number on the tag on the back of the screen still shows the serial number of the camera I sent to the repair center.

I also recognized that the shutter count is totally different, the camera I received back shows a significant lower shutter count number.

Calling Fujifilm USA they explained to me that the change in the serial number shown in the EXIF data may be caused by a change of the cameras main board and the following new initialization of the camera. But they told me I need to get the information what really happened from the repair center here in Mexico.

The Fujifilm repair center here in Mexico at this time refuses, despite I asked them several times, to tell me in writing what they did with the camera, especially concerning the different serial number!

My questions now:

- What can cause this different serial number shown in the EXIF data?

- Would you accept that your camera shows different serial numbers on the tag (physically) and in the EXIF data?

Any hint and advice very welcome!

Herbert

• 5 weeks later...

If it functions OK and is still covered by a repair warranty then don't worry about it.

BTW - the "internal serial number" in the EXIF data is not the camera's actual serial number as depicted on the external badge.  😉

I know this is quite an old post but I would take the information from Fujifilm USA - its quite likely that a change of main board caused the change in serial number reported by the EXIF (and your local repair centre just didn't bother to change the label). I'm not sure it would be something that would bother me too much so long as the camera work OK.