Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, my name is Steven. A Kiwi/New Zealander expat currently living in Singapore. Have been shooting analogue for years then took a break with just my point-and-shoot, and have just bought an X-T3 - my first really serious camera and digi setup. So, still learning the camera itself as well as the technology. Just realised I made myself sound about 80 years old, which I’m not!! Looking forward to absorbing the collective wisdom of the members and viewing some amazing work.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By harrisonjr98
      Hey all, bought a used X-T3 body for $850 shipped over a Fuji buy/sell group on Facebook, all checks out and the seller was very professional. Camera shipped with original box and in essentially mint condition cosmetically, except for when testing it this afternoon I noticed that the direction arrow buttons (around the Menu/OK button) were "sticky," or felt like maybe there was some debris inside them. They were clicking reliably, but some clicks would feel soft and then others would feel crunchy/hard. My X-T2 doesn't have this issue, so I know what the d-pad is supposed to feel like. Strangely, if I sort of rapidly click each of the buttons maybe 10 times each, the issue completely goes away and then an hour or so later if I pick up the camera again it's back. It's nothing dealbreaking, and doesn't take away functionally from the camera, but I'm trying to see what kind of avenues I might be able to take to address it.

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you resolve it? Is it a known problem, and may it get worse over time? Google didn't turn up any search results for the D-pad specifically being "sticky" feeling, only shutter buttons and joysticks.
    • By Ketix
      Hello everyone!
      I am looking for the best solution for my specific scenario/ needs.
      Currently I shoot with a Canon EOS M50 and have the FF-equivalent lenses for 18-35mm, 35mm, 50mm. Everything is fine and dandy with the kit, but I wish I could get just nice Jpegs out of this thing.
      Before I switched carreers I was a professional photographer, doing portraiture and documentary style weddings etc. Always been a FF Canon shooter.
      But, I was also an X-Pro1 early adopter! What pulled me in was the look and feeld of the camera (so nostalgic, "retro") but also the SOOC Jpegs. I wanted this camera to be the hassle free, pure photography camera to take everywhere and have a finished "product" after pressing th shutter button.
      Well, the camera was nice but lacking in many aspects, especially in speed and AF.
      I purchased the M50 with the 22mm F2 lens as a pocket snapshooter, added the 11-22 for wideangle work and sold my FF kit. Bought the 32mm F1.4 when it came out and like the kit a lot. It is small, lightweight and the picture quality and AF is absolutely enough for my use today. I'm a casual shooter, mainly photographing the family and outings with friends and whatever els snapshots I take.
      Now the thing is, the M50 takes just OK SOOC Jpegs, but nothing really worthwhile. I've tested custom picture stiles and the likes but was never satisfied with the outcome. And honestly, I don't want to work on RAWs anymore. I'm just tired of it. I want the same approach that I have when shooting film... finished product. I accept that I cannot change a whole lot with my scanned negative, but I am happy with it, because I like the tonality, the color and the imperfections. They fit together nicely and feel "real" in a sense. In the digital world I think that Fuji Jpegs come closes to what I need, so the picture quality is already there.
      Now I see Fuji has brought a whole bunch of new and improved cameras to the market and I am looking for something that will be the end-all be-all camera.
      My Requirements:
      Newest Sensor and Processor with Color Chrome effect Classic Neg and Acros film sim Fixed or exchangeable lens, preferably 28mm FF equiv. or around 28-45mm Bonus: Set specific Shutter Speed for Auto-ISO (Canon has a fixed threshold of 2x focal length for shutter speed, so with my 32mm lens will keep the shutter speed at or above 1/60th second which may be too slow sometimes) That's it. I don't care about APS-C, FF or MF - as long as it delivers great photos and is easy to setup and use.
      I was looking at the X100V as it is the easiest to grasp as a concept. The other series are so convoluted that I am honestly having a difficult time finding out which one is still a current camera or already discontinued etc.

• By AllanY
      None of the functions on my Fuji X-T3 work when the DJI Ronin SC is on. I can’t change the shutter speed, ISO, aperture, etc. The Ronin SC works fine but once it’s on, the camera stops functioning. When I press the record button on the gimbal, it locks focus but doesn’t take a picture. I have to hold down the record button on the gimbal for 3+ seconds for it to work. The camera screen even dims after a few seconds as if it’s not in use.

I've tried doing a Shooting Menu Reset and Set-Up Reset on the camera. The connection mode is set to USB Tether Shooting Auto. I've tried removing and replacing the lens, battery, and SD card. Everything has the latest updates. The USB-C cables are plugged in properly and all the way. Has anyone had this issue and knows how to solve it?

Ronin SC Firmware: 1.5.0.40
      Ronin App Version: 1.4.5(1451)
      Fuji X-T3 Body Version: 4.00
      Fuji 16mm 1.4 Version: 1.01
    • By Tin Do
      Hey guys!
      So I just updated my X-T3 to the firmware Ver.4.00 and I can't charge the camera via my USB-C Apple wall plug.
      No green light on the back of the camera but the white plug symbol does appear when plugged in.
      The only time when the X-T3 is charging via USB is when the camera is turned OFF and connected to my MacBook Pro or Powerbank.
      Does anyone else experience this problem? 
    • By AllanY
      I am struggling with underexposed videos using my X-T3 and 10-24mm with interior Real Estate videos even with a decent amount of natural and ambient light. The footage is just too dark unless I pump up the ISO to 4000 where it gets really noisy.
      What are the best wide-angle lenses for the X-T3 with regards to interior Real Estate videography where it's usually low light? Also, is there a budget friendly option? I've gone through the Complete Overview of X Mount Lenses but I was hoping for some recommendations specific to the industry and video.
      Thanks for any help guys!
      Settings:
      4K 29.97P I would prefer 59.94P to slow down some shots YouTube encoding prefers 30P ss60 F4.0 ISO 800-4000 200Mbps H.264 / H.265 Long GOP / ALL-Intra Eterna Custom White Balance DR400 Film Simulation Recording / F-Log Recording
    • Any update on this issue? My xpro3 was purchased earlier this year, still under warranty. But I cannot turn it on at all. After a shoot last Saturday, I left it on its shelf and picked it up to shoot this morning: totally unresponsive. Tried 4 different Fuji batteries all charged. No luck. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you. 
    • The reply I received from Fuji back a while ago   “Thank you for your patience regarding this issue.     After speaking to our camera service engineers, they told me there is no coating on the new cameras and while the new LCD panels have a similar colour gamut, they are no longer calibrated by the factory in the same way that they used to be.   They believe this changed around the end of 2019 but they weren't sure.  Nothing that should make a black and white image look sepia though, the LCD will be slightly warmer out of the box.   In the same way that most TV screens and monitors are not colour calibrated from the factory, the LCD screens on our cameras are not either and instead have the option to be adjusted manually by the end user to their preference.   I appreciate this is probably not what you are looking for, but this is how the new generation of cameras are made” I tested a GFX50s I store that was traded in. No issues with the lcd - Seems the more money you spend the lcd is then properly calibrated. The lower end cameras under 1K they ain’t.    very sad to see
    • I'm trying to understand the unmarked aperture ring on the K&F Concept lens adapter. I recently purchased the K&F Concept Minolta AF (Sony A) to Fuji X lens adapter to use with my old Minolta AF lenses; specifically the Minolta AF 50mm f1.7-f22. With the adapter installed (Fujifilm X-E2S), the camera does not show the aperture selected; understandably as this is a "dumb" adapter. The combination works very well together and I have no complaints. The adapter has a clicked aperture ring that allows for 9 stops from fully open to fully closed. Would the 9 stops equate to f1.7, f2, f2.8, f4, f5.6, f8, f11, f16, f22 for the Minolta AF 50mm f1.7-f22 lens?   Many Thanks!
    • Welcome here, Charles