X-T4 [Video] files corrupted

Rahim.Irham

Hi there,

I'm just wondering if this is a known X-T4 issue.

I've noticed after I'm back from shooting, there will be at least a couple of files that are corrupted.

Some won't open at all - can't transfer to our hard drive or open in Premiere pro.

And some, end up being this weird vertical recording

Sample photos below (attached).

Our second shooter shoots with a X-t4 as well and we both notice that we have the same issue.

We are using Sony M Series SDXC UHS-II Card 128GB, V60, CL10, U3, Max R277MB/S, W150MB/S 

Thanks,

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 9 months later...

I also had corrupted files in XT4, but they normally opened in Premiere pro. The laptop refused to transfer to my RAID or to any flash drive I found in the house. Also, I couldn't send them by email or via google share. It was very strange because I urgently needed to send the captured videos to my colleagues in the editing. As a result, I started recovering my RAID drive with salvagedata's help to restore the ability to play videos in any format and open them on other devices. After that, I sent them to Google drive and forwarded them to my colleagues. Did someone lose data when trying to play the entire video?

Edited by Xanaric

• 1 year later...

I have read that Sony cards don't play well with the X-T4. I use SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-I cards, since they're cheaper than the UHS-II cards, which are necessary for video bitrates over 200mbps or bursts of RAW stills, neither of which I shoot.