Streetphotography (open thread)

Mehrdad

Hi Maurice,

If l give you a little background to the image, it might assist you. The image is very much a grab shot, as at the time l was on public transport (moving ), and therefore l was constricted with what l could achieve. Having seen the developing image l felt it warranted being captured, but there was a problem, and a big one at that. It's shot through smudged and filthy glass. Believe me, what you see now is a distinct improvement on what came out of the camera. However as l liked the image, and the potential story about to unfold, l thought it worth persevering with - after all not ever image has to be perfect to have some merit (well at least to my eyes anyway).

I will politely refuse your offer of a swap for your Canon 

regards    ...   philip

It is always amazing to hear the story behind an image.  Thank you for sharing. I too was somewhat confused about the image but now I understand completely. It would be really interesting if you could post a very small original.  

Sometimes we throw away shots or "delete" them while at the end there is some potential if we dig deeper into our imagination and tools.

Regards

Antonius

Istanbul has many great things but its masses of tourists are not one of them. I often travel through Istanbul as it is well connected to Asia and to my home base of Dublin. After my last trip to Iran, I was overwhelmed at the hordes of selfy-stick-wielding tourists that had overtaken Sultanahmet.

I could describe it further but I strongly believe an image is worth a thousand words. I think the look on the children's faces says it all...

24173971949_9b97483b97_h.jpgDo you mind? by Photolographer, on Flickr

X-Pro1 & 35mm f2

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

X-Pro1 & 35mm f2

San Francisco

X-Pro2, 23mm 1.4 R

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk