What Fujifilm body to suit my needs?

VictorM

Im primarily shooter of landscapes and travel/nature photos which i do while hiking . I use tripod where it's needed but mostly shoot handheld. 

I decided to start from lens choice. 

Fujinon 16mm/1.4 probably the best lens which suit my needs. Also considering something in 21-24 mm range (not zoom). 

Im more inclined to rangefinder-style bodies (e-3,e-4,x-pro 2). All has its pros5and cons. 

Xe-3: pros: compact body cons: not weather sealed

X-pro 2 pros: weather sealed, OVF (but i can't use it with 16mm probably), a lot if dedicated manual controls 

Xe-4:pros : compact, newer 26MP sensor (not sure it makes big difference with 24MP) and rotating screen (a bit irrelevant im not video shooter). Cons: less dedicated buttons, not weather sealed, poor grip (body is flat, no thumb grip)

Autofocus speed is mostly irrelevant, because the stuff im shooting isn't moving. 

Nice addition would be focus bracketing or focus stacking in the body,or in camera HDR (but i use software on the computer anyway when i need HDR,so it's not that critical ) 

Am i missing something? X body lineup is really huge

Hi... victor

My friend and I use Fuji xe3. It's a great camera, small, portable and easy to use.  I think it's a good choice for you if you want to carry your camera around and explore nature, and I personally don't like the Fuji x-e4's design because it's too small and the camera body has no grip, it was a problem for me.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

I got X-E3 and 16mm F/1.4 today. 

I tested on my favorite model.  Even on F/1.4 the lens is sharp enough for portraits, although 16mm is not very portrait-friendly focal length. 

Im thinking to get 27mm F/2.8 "pancake" for people shots and street/travel shooting. 

Edited by VictorM

The 16 1.4 will certainly work on the XPRO2 and 3 and pretty much every X series (including my old XT1.  For landscapes you may want to consider the 10-24 F4 which has been updated with weather resistance, etc.  The 16 1.4 is my go to for Astro photography, and I also own the 16-55 2.8 - another EXCELLENT lens but heavier.

it works!  unfortunately highlighs are blown, but it's hard to do that kind of shot not overexposed w/o ND filter or multiple exposition. Or I dont know how to boost dynamic range. didn't dig camera settings. 

by the way, I found that X-E3 has panorama mode and it works pretty nice, stitching photos automatically 

Edited by VictorM

• 2 months later...

Victor, you should consider the X-S10 with a 16-80mm zoom. Probably the best travel combo in the Fuji range.

I have owned one since last December and love it.

You may not like the idea if you are a dedicated Fuji user with all the manual dials but something with the XT4 image quality, IBIS and lightness, you cannot go wrong. I know it is not perfect for Vlogging but as a photographer I am not interested in the video aspect of cameras.

Check out the test reviews on-line.

Good luck, Dave.

9 minutes ago, DaveC said:

Victor, you should consider the X-S10 with a 16-80mm zoom. Probably the best travel combo in the Fuji range.

I have owned one since last December and love it.

You may not like the idea if you are a dedicated Fuji user with all the manual dials but something with the XT4 image quality, IBIS and lightness, you cannot go wrong. I know it is not perfect for Vlogging but as a photographer I am not interested in the video aspect of cameras.

Check out the test reviews on-line.

Good luck, Dave.

Already got X-E3 with 16mm/1.4, and it's nice combo

• 1 month later...

@VictorM I see you already got the X-E3 and I have this camera and love it. I also have the GFX50R which I think is a great landscape camera. It's big, it's heavy and therefore it is what I call my intentional camera, I pick it up when I'm going out specifically for a shoot. My X-E3 on the other hand is light and when over my shoulder easy to forget about, it my everyday carry everywhere camera.