X100S with stuck viewfinder curtain - to service or not to service?

Hey all! Having the dreaded "halfway stuck" viewfinder curtain issue. The question is - to service? CAN I even get it serviced? I'm in the eastern United States. Should I check out third party repair options? If it's something that can be done for ~$150 or less I'd definitely love to get some more mileage out of this old guy image.gif.65b4c350d4781d91bf3c1add901fb039.gif Tried the usual tricks people post to remedy this issue - firmware, sd cards, light tapping etc, nothing fixed it.

• 5 weeks later...

Well there is only one way to find out if a repair can be made in accordance with your budget...hunt around for a repair shop and get a bid.  Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to price out a replacement...a used X100S, X100T, or X100F...for comparison purposes.

Edited by pseudobreccia

1 hour ago, pseudobreccia said:

Well there is only one way to find out if a repair can be made in accordance with your budget...hunt around for a repair shop and get a bid.  Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to price out a replacement...a used X100S, X100T, or X100F...for comparison purposes.

A replacement doesn't make a lot of sense for me right now, given that I only use it as a secondary camera to my X-T4 in situations where I don't want to bring a full rig. I'll probably just end up using it with the LCD - it actually hasn't bothered me as much as I expected it to over the last month.