Cannot pair new x 10 with iPhone using the camera remote app

First time using a fuji and after just receiving the camera in the mail I’m having trouble pairing the camera to my phone.

In the phone I’ve selected pairing registration and it’s in searching mode.

on my phone I’ve turned on Bluetooth and I’m connected to the WiFi.

on the camera remote app I’ve added the x 10 and selected the closest lens possible. The actual lens does not appear in the list.

the manual says that once I proceed past selecting the lens on the app I will have an option to pair with the camera. I don’t. It gives me the option to import images even though I don’t have them paired yet. when I click it brings up a connect to camera screen. It says “searching” but never finds anything. 

on the camera eventually it says smartphone not found, check your smartphone settings.

what a complete bummer. Is this what is in store for me with fuji products?

how do I  actually connect my camera to my smartphone?

I've also tried connecting the camera to my laptop via the usb but it isn't included. I'm so disappointed with Fuji.

Edited by Noah mizrahi

I don't know anything about iPhones, and my X-S10 connected via the Android app first time and every time with no issues, but on Android you can clear all data and reinitialize the app to solve problems like this. Maybe try reinstalling the app and restarting your phone.

However...when you say you're "connected to the WiFi", do you mean the WiFi broadcast by the camera?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...