Welcome the new Fuji X Forum

FX Admin

Waitwaitwait.  Why exactly is this new forum being launched?

You guys already know about http://www.fujix-forum.com/ right?  The site that's been around for over 3 years and has over 43,000 members?

Isn't this new site going to further splinter the user base? (who already has to contend with dpreview's forums, the original Fuji X forum, plus a few other oddballs like http://www.fujixseries.com/, http://www.fujixspot.com/forums/, and subforums on sites like ephotozine and digitalcamerareview.com)

Rather than everyone trying to be "the" official forum, why not try to coalesce all that energy and inspiration into one place?

We are living in a free world - so:

Why not?

In my experience competition is a good thing.

I'm already running several forums - both German and International

Sometimes I'm the gorilla in the cage (right term in English), sometimes I'm the runner-up - but always with strong competitors.

Some of them I like and cooperate with them in various fields, some - uhm - not.

All of them help me to stay alert and to improve the service.

Difficult to make up good comparisons - but I don't want to live in a world Microsoft only (or Linux or Mac).

OK?

Andreas

Can we break down the Rumor topic into sub-topics? Right now, it probably isn't an issue. But when there are thousands of posts, it would be easier to find the rumors/news that you want through sub-topics. Such as Camera, Firmware, Lens, etc.

Can we also separate the deals from the rumors.

Thanks! Other than that, great start.

On the subject, why does only the Street Photography section have 'Photography' in the title? ;)

This is because Street is the thread with the most controversial and mostly off-topic discussions. So it's a good idea to remind everyone that the thread is dedicated to photography but not to trollism.

This is because Street is the thread with the most controversial and mostly off-topic discussions. So it's a good idea to remind everyone that the thread is dedicated to photography but not to trollism.

Lol :lol:

Ok, now we have sports, landscape etc… Where's weddings?  B)

Noooo, please noo.

Hi all

I first visited the fuji x forum starting at feedly where I got the news on fuji rumors. When I enter the forum like this I see a much more convenient user interface (font is bigger, more space, better to read...). What's the difference to the standard webbrowser user interface? I am using an iPhone 6.

Cool... Guessing this is new.  Own the X100T (formerly had the S) and added an X-T1 this year due to an nagging injury that makes lugging a dslr and 70-200 painful.  No the X system does not replace that, but it is a great system for out and about shooting.  I'll probably share more after hockey season as I watch all the Stanley Cup finals games regardless of who is playing.  Cheers!

Waitwaitwait.  Why exactly is this new forum being launched?

You guys already know about http://www.fujix-forum.com/ right?  The site that's been around for over 3 years and has over 43,000 members?

Isn't this new site going to further splinter the user base? (who already has to contend with dpreview's forums, the original Fuji X forum, plus a few other oddballs like http://www.fujixseries.com/, http://www.fujixspot.com/forums/, and subforums on sites like ephotozine and digitalcamerareview.com)

Rather than everyone trying to be "the" official forum, why not try to coalesce all that energy and inspiration into one place?

mmh you are right.... http://www.fujix-forum.com/  i.

• 410,548 Total Posts
  •  
  • 44,642 Total Members
  •  
  • lordleycester Newest Member
  •  
  • 3,784 Most Online
  •  

I know you could say that its already covered in 'Street Photography' and I understand that you don't want to create an endless list of photography types, but would you consider adding 'Urban Photography' to the list? I see urban photography as including the urban environment in a broader sense that street photography including the built environment, urban infrastructure, architecture and more. However, if you would rather not I will post away in the 'Miscellaneous' section. 

Well the arrival of this new site apparently triggered the other fujix-forum to change their banner to help avoid confusion:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Somehow I figured something like this would happen...

@FX Admin

I have spend some "Likes" yesterday and tried to do so today again. This is the message I got: "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"!

How much is allowed per day and would it be possible to raise the limit little bit? Seams to be set to a very restrictive value at the moment ;)