Two images appearing in Lr - when only one image shot? On a GFX50S.

Hi, every time I take an image, or series of images, somehow the Import into Lightroom shows double the amount of images taken. When doing macro work a stack of 100 images shows as 200 when Importing to Lr.  I  normally have"enable" set in the check box "don't allow duplicates" - Lr will briefly show 200 then quickly afterwards show 100 images. When I use the Replay button on the GFX I see only the images I've taken - not the same one twice. I shoot in manual mode and RAW. So I'm interested to know if it's GFX50S thing or a Lightroom thing. Or maybe just me!

Okay, RAW only selected. Just taken one image. On the Import page to Lightroom two images appear. Both have the same DSF....RAF number. Both are dated and timed exactly - to the second!!! The Replay button on the GFX shows one image. I'm thinking this is a Lr function. Might need to pose the question on the Lightroom forum. Thanks.

By chance are you using both card slots in backup mode?

If you are just using one slot, pull the sd card, put it in a card reader and attach it to your computer. It should mount as an external disk which you can look through and make sure there are no shenanigans going on as far as duplicate entries.

If you have two cards in the slots, you might be getting the errors through a backup type menu setting.

Ah, the web is awash with complaints about LrC importing duplicates. Not sure they have resolved the issue but suffice to say the problem isn't related to the GFX or the card itself or the card reader. Allan

Rikk's profile
Adobe Administrator

Adobe Administrator

• 

10.2K Messages

• 

136.7K Points

10 months ago

We've logged a bug for this issue. Follow this thread for updates when this is fixed. 
Adobe Photography Products

Quality Engineering - Customer Advocacy

Sorry - that's a bit large! The above is "feedback.photoshop.com" talking about the issue/bug of LrC doubling up every image taken/imported. The issue/bug has not been fixed. I should add that GFX50S is not the problem. It's LrC issue.