Lens hood problem 50-140mm

sgmcenroe

I recently received my XF 50-140mm lens.  The lens hood DOES NOT twist all the way on properly.  It only goes about half way, leaving the leaves of the hood askew (see photo).  I have tried several times. It is extremely tight and will not fully twist on.  I fear this may cause vignetting when using the hood.  Anyone else have the problem?  Would Fuji replace the hood?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Have you tried matching the white dot at 12' o'clock of the lens and turning it? I noticed it with my Fuji lenses that you need to make sure the white dot aligns with the lens first before twisting.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Had same issue on mine.  Ended up causing a crack.  Sending hood back through my dealer.  Obviously my Brute Force needs some serious practice. I like the coverage of the hood, but it does seem a little to big for the application.  Any alternatives?  

• 1 year later...

If it's any help I quickly noticed when I got one, that it worked best when you line up the white dots, THEN apply a small amount of pressure directly against the hood to the body, THEN while apply that small amount of pressure turning the hood. It only THEN worked out perfectly each time. A friend who got one had this same issue and it was over when he applied my idea of putting a small amount of pressure against the hood to the body of the lens when beginning to turn the hood, it then lines up fine and goes on with no issues fully as it should