X-T4 power adapter and plug adapter

bonnyw

Hello - I just received my new X-T4 camera and dual battery charger, USB-C cable and, most importantly for this post, the AC adapter and plug adapter. The plug adapter supplied does not fit properly into the AC power adapter, (the plug adapter being about 1/2" taller than AC power adapter), meaning the back of the prongs on the plug do not make contact with the metal contacts on the AC power adapter - thus, no current can flow.  Has anyone else encountered this problem? I've been in touch with both the New York-based camera seller and Fuji, and am awaiting a response. Are there any other suggestions for how to use the Fuji dual battery charger I purchased?  While I can (slowly) charge via the computer, I currently have no way to use the AC power adapter supplied with the camera, since the separate plug adapter they sent does not fit. Does anyone have an alternative suggestion for third party battery chargers for the X-T4 batteries? Thanks. 

12 hours ago, bonnyw said:

Hello - I just received my new X-T4 camera and dual battery charger,

Does the Fuji charger use the same adapter as the direct usb camera charge?

I use this charger : hahnel twin charger which I like very much. It is modular and came with different inserts for Fuji and AA type batteries. It charges faster than direct usb to camera.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply, mrPeter. That product looks like a very clever solution to charging two of the X-T4 batteries at the same time, and really useful on the go. Thanks for the tip. I may just return my new Fuji dual charger and go with this alternative instead.  

Just out of curiosity, to the X-t4 owners out there: Can anyone who owns the power supply and plug adapter packaged with the camera please post a photo of the plug adapter inserted into the AC power supply, so I can compare what I was sent with what actually works and should have been sent to me? It would be very helpful, if anyone with the Fuji-supplied power adapter and plug adapter could post a photo of what they received in the X-T4 box. Thanks. 

Do these help?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks so much, Chas. The photos are clear and it's easy to see how differently your plug adapter fits compared to what I was sent, despite the UK v US difference.  I really appreciate your time taking and posting the photos of them for me. 

I found an image (left) of the plug adapter I should have received. It is notched along the edges and has slots which protrude from the sides, and is only the size in height of the AC power supply. I've also attached images (right 3)of what I actually received, which is bigger in height than the power adapter and is not shaped at all the same along the edges.  So frustrating to not be able to use my dual battery charger purchased with the camera. Thanks to all for your help with this.  Here's hoping Fujifilm.com is working on my request for the correct parts. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!