XT-4 Recommended Settings

Liya

Hello! I just purchased a XT-4 and I am coming from being a lifelong Nikon shooter. I would like to setup my new Fuji with easy access to some of the most common settings. Some things I like to change quite a bit on my Nikons have been the metering modes and focus points and modes. I am sure there are other things that I might want, but I haven't really used it much yet. Is there a cheat sheet with a list of the recommended settings and customizable menu shortcuts? I am looking forward to learning much more about this camera. Thanks!!!

The printed manual will tell you what settings are customizable and what your choices are. Spend some time with it. As far as recommended settings, the camera is yours and only you know what works for you. Another person's settings are irrelevant. IMO, you will be much more satisfied learning the camera and all of its capabilities rather than looking at other people's setups. You learn by doing (a wise man once told me.) It is a great camera and I have spent much time customizing mine. And, it has been fun! Enjoy. BTW, I also came from Nikon to Fujifilm.

I bought the xt4 just 2 weeks ago... but been using xt20 for 3 years....

Metering mode - already on the D-pad , focus point is already on the joy stick.. ( I love this coming from xt20).. in fact you can re-mapped almost all of the button on the camera...

Q menu (Q button is your best bet... it is configurable and can be save into 7.. C1...C7)

I always setup "my menu" so that it is easy to connect my camera to my phone for image transfer...and a lot of things you can add... overall the xt4 and most of fuji cameras are easily re-mapped.

13 hours ago, BobB said:

The printed manual will tell you what settings are customizable and what your choices are. Spend some time with it. As far as recommended settings, the camera is yours and only you know what works for you. Another person's settings are irrelevant. IMO, you will be much more satisfied learning the camera and all of its capabilities rather than looking at other people's setups. You learn by doing (a wise man once told me.) It is a great camera and I have spent much time customizing mine. And, it has been fun! Enjoy. BTW, I also came from Nikon to Fujifilm.

Thanks so much! 

6 hours ago, Shakyhand said:

I bought the xt4 just 2 weeks ago... but been using xt20 for 3 years....

Metering mode - already on the D-pad , focus point is already on the joy stick.. ( I love this coming from xt20).. in fact you can re-mapped almost all of the button on the camera...

Q menu (Q button is your best bet... it is configurable and can be save into 7.. C1...C7)

I always setup "my menu" so that it is easy to connect my camera to my phone for image transfer...and a lot of things you can add... overall the xt4 and most of fuji cameras are easily re-mapped.

Thank you!