X100T broke when I connected the EF-X20 flash to it

Yep. I've had the camera since I bought it new, never had any issues with it. 1.11 firmware. Bought the flash new, connected it, and the screen started glitching. First the menus looked all good and I could view my pictures, the glitching only happened in live view mode. Well, a few hours later and now the camera is unusable ie broken. The screen will be "on" - the backlight is on but nothing recognizeable shows on screen. It stays like this when I turn the camera off, only shuts down when I remove the battery.

Tried:

Taking the battery out and leaving it for a few hours.

Re-installing firmware.

Any similar experiences?

Hey draakko,

Did you find an answer?

First of all is your screen turning on? Remove the flash from the camera and try to cycle screen infos with DISP BACK button.

You also should know that when attaching a flash, you should disable PREVIEW WHITE BALANCE/EXPOSURE and maybe NATURAL LIVE VIEW too because as you connect your flash, your camera is setting the exposure triangle according to the flash that is very bright and there's a big chance the screen turns black when live viewing because of that PREVIEW EXPOSURE. To explain, the live view is very underexposed but the picture will not. So if you want to live view, you need to disable that setting that is affecting well, the live view.

Hope that helps.