XA-7 Audio Background Noise with external microphone

Hi Guys. I am a little new to photography. I am trying to record myself in a video and every time I record a movie there is a background noise that can be heard like a hum or hiss or some ample background noise.

I am using an attached external Microphone Boya MM1

The support thread: https://digitalcamera-support-en.fujifilm.com/digitalcameraengpcdetail?aid=000005680&p=a062w0000035yP1AAI&wd=microphone

Just says play with the DB settings but this is not available on my X-A7 with latest firmware. It just gives me a level of microphone which I have tried at little 1 and level 3 but still a noise.

My X-A7 is also very noisy with my Rode Video Micro.  Maybe a microphone with a +20db gain setting will help or a small adding a small preamp. I also think the automatic gain control is part of the problem. When someone speaks, the noise level goes down I think. I need to do some more tests to be sure.

Sometimes when I connect the microphone, only the left channel gets input from the microphone. The right channel is full of noise. Reconnecting the microphone or changing the audio level in the menu seems to fix this.

So the Audio quality of this camera is just not very good.

You can filter out a lot of the noise in a video editing application like Da Vinci Resolve. It improved things a lot, but it's not ideal of course.

Best regards,

Jan Alwin de Jong