Q menu changes overwrite saved Custom Settings permanently?

teplosvet

Greetings everybody, 

I searched multiple forums on the following topic, but did not get any close to solving the question explained below.

So, what i am trying to understand is this: why Q menu changes saved Custom Settings permanently?

i have my custom C1 settings set to be for example "noir 50's" style, i love it, it works for me, but time to time i want to tweak highlights/shadows for a step, but do not want to change C1 settings permanently. So, i shoot on a tweaked C1 settings, change to my C2 settings and assume that C1 settings goes to saved values. But somehow tweaking settings from Q menu overwrites my saved custom settings. So, is it a bug or a feature? 

i understand that Q menu is just a shortcut to the listed settings, hence the name Quick Menu. But i do save my C settings for a reason, do i? 

i thought that those C1-C7 things where supposed to be like a "shortcut to the shortcut" things, and changing them from one to another pulls according settings to the saved values, but i guess i am wrong?