Remote shutter release use

ALY

Hello, new member here

Just got off the phone with Fujifilm USA tech support desk, who confirms that using a remote shutter release cable is NOT an option for this camera, it wasn’t designed for that.

Major design flaw 

• 6 months later...
On 3/16/2021 at 12:47 PM, jerryy said:

I must have came in very late to this thread and obviously missed something.

http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en-int/manual/x-s10/about_this_camera/parts/

This clearly shows where to attach a remote release cable and explains how to adapt the standard Fujifilm remote release cable to work with the X-S10.

Specifically see item 22 in the diagram at the URL (or the camera diagram in the user manual). Remarkable that tech support would deny the existence of a feature.

• 6 months later...

Just ran into the same issue, don't want to use my phone to trigger the camera. would rather have my eyes on the subject I am photographing!

Just bought the RR-100 on the recommendation from B&H, and also just ordered a 2.5 to 3.5 converter from Amazon, will report if it works. The first converter was a 4 pin and it did not work.

I use cable release often. I changed the setting for the microphone jack to remote shutter and bought a very cheap on Amazon cable release which had the matching connector. It seems the socket in other Fuji cameras is a different size so the Fuji remote won't fit X-S10, but mine works perfectly.

Simon.

• 3 months later...

Hi folks. Just purchased the Kiwi cable switch that replaces the Fuji RR-100, along with a 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter for my X-S10. I changed the Mic/Remote release to remote, but it isn't working. I notice that the 3.5 mm end of the adapter doesn't completely insert to the housing, (see photo attached) but it did "click" into place (other connections seem secure.) Not sure what else to try. Suggestions?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!