Files transferred with X Acquire can't be opened

Photonut4211

I have successfully transferred files from my XT3 to my M1 Macbook Air using X Acquire. However the downloaded files are greyed out and I can't open them.

What I'm really trying to do is live tether my XT3 to a computer so I can instantly see the results on my Mac or tablet. I don't want to spend money on LR or other software just to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

6 hours ago, Photonut4211 said:

I have successfully transferred files from my XT3 to my M1 Macbook Air using X Acquire. However the downloaded files are greyed out and I can't open them.

What I'm really trying to do is live tether my XT3 to a computer so I can instantly see the results on my Mac or tablet. I don't want to spend money on LR or other software just to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

https://support.apple.com/guide/photos/welcome/mac

Have you tried opening it in the photos app?

My purpose for doing this was not just to transfer files to my Mac but rather to use those files as a preview when taking portraits. Consequently I want them to open in the file to which they were saved as opposed to opening them in different software.

As was suggested in another reply, the problem is probably because X Acquire has not been optimized for the M1 chip. My workaround has been to use an old Mac. The problem is solved and now I can highlight the downloaded file and touch the spacebar to open a preview. This all happens quickly as I am only downloading the jpg file and not the RAW which works for my purposes.

Thanks for the input