Why do you like Fujifilm?

Ketsada UNs

Post a picture of your Fuji camera !

And tell me the reason that you use the Fuji camera.

Thanks for your sharing ....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I have a plethora of Fujifilm equipment. Here's my favorite. The original X100 was my entry drug. Moved from 30+ years of Canon use to Fuji in 2011 and never looked back.

On 3/10/2021 at 11:00 PM, iSilentP said:

I have a plethora of Fujifilm equipment. Here's my favorite. The original X100 was my entry drug. Moved from 30+ years of Canon use to Fuji in 2011 and never looked back.

COOL!!!

• 3 weeks later...

In the film days, i used to buy Velvia and Sensia by batch of 40 rolls and liked them a lot. They were mostly used on Nikon FM2. I then switched to Canon FF DSLR. But carrying a DSLR everyday was a chore. So I was looking for a smaller and well built camera for everyday use. After considering many brands and models, I liked the X100F the most and decided to give Fujifilm camera a first chance. I am very happy I did. So far the Canon R6 has been my first choice for weddings as I need dual-slot SD cards and quieter shutter than my DSLR. I checked the X-T4 at my local shop last week and was very pleased with the metal build of it, so X-T4 is also a serious candidate.

I'll post a few pics of my X100F later.

14 hours ago, SBK said:

In the film days, i used to buy Velvia and Sensia by batch of 40 rolls and liked them a lot. They were mostly used on Nikon FM2. I then switched to Canon FF DSLR. But carrying a DSLR everyday was a chore. So I was looking for a smaller and well built camera for everyday use. After considering many brands and models, I liked the X100F the most and decided to give Fujifilm camera a first chance. I am very happy I did. So far the Canon R6 has been my first choice for weddings as I need dual-slot SD cards and quieter shutter than my DSLR. I checked the X-T4 at my local shop last week and was very pleased with the metal build of it, so X-T4 is also a serious candidate.

I'll post a few pics of my X100F later.

Nice 👍🏽 I use a canon DSLR, but a long time ago.😄

• 3 weeks later...

Still haven't taken a pic of my X100F yet, but will do. Meanwhile, here's one of my recently acquired X-T2.

Fujifilm cameras are definitely great !

After my film strip period, my first digital camera was a fujifilm s5000, later s9500, and my first DSLR was amazing S5 Pro (i came from nikon analog camera and i can use all my tools). I ever loved fujifilm color, from analog to actual color. 
Before to arrive to my actual camera i move across Canon 40D, Lumix gh2, Gh3, Canon 60D, Sony Alpha 7R, Lumix Gh5 until i mcome back to home with Fujifilm X-T3, but after few months i sold it, great color but... too thin... i cannot be confortable to shoot with it with ocular, my nose was too pushed against display (i'm not cyrano de bergerac), and i cannot live without stabilized sensor, i often use vintage lenses... then i moved to 😄 Fujifilm X-T4.

20 minutes ago, carlo macchiavello said:

After my film strip period, my first digital camera was a fujifilm s5000, later s9500, and my first DSLR was amazing S5 Pro (i came from nikon analog camera and i can use all my tools). I ever loved fujifilm color, from analog to actual color. 
Before to arrive to my actual camera i move across Canon 40D, Lumix gh2, Gh3, Canon 60D, Sony Alpha 7R, Lumix Gh5 until i mcome back to home with Fujifilm X-T3, but after few months i sold it, great color but... too thin... i cannot be confortable to shoot with it with ocular, my nose was too pushed against display (i'm not cyrano de bergerac), and i cannot live without stabilized sensor, i often use vintage lenses... then i moved to 😄 Fujifilm X-T4.

Great 👍🏽 😄😄😄

• 2 weeks later...

I will not post an image of my Fuji camera as everyone here knows what they look like. 😉 I am still in a test / adjustment phase as my other system is Panasonic micro4/3. I want to try the Fuji X systen for at least a year as I think it takes that long to find all the ins- and outs of a system and see if I like it as a whole.

So far I hate the menu system. The custom settings part was greatly improved with the X-E4 by adding settings for autofocus etc.

As a raw shooter I do not like the zoom lenses unless stopped down due to the horrible vignetting.

I like the small F/2.0 WR lenses best. Most joy is shooting with adapted Olympus OM Zuiko lenses of which the 50mm F/1.8 is my favorite, no vignetting even wide open and nice color rendering.

• 2 weeks later...

The X-S10 is my first Fuji camera, for me it makes photography more fun while getting professional results. I've been a Pentax user since the 1970's but I'm very happy with the decision to purchase Fuji over other camera brands.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I fell in love with Fuji and switched from Nikon full frame because of:

- Fujifilm JPEGs. They are fantastic and really useful. They are ok straight out of the camera 90% of the times. My workflow is faster and the results are better. 

- High image quality with less costs, less volume and less weight compared to full frame. Many times for my needs, I find Fujifilm image quality to be on par or superior compared to my previous Nikon FF gear

• 5 months later...

Edited by Ammut

• 2 months later...

I fell for Fujifilm recently. I loved 35 mm film photography in manual exposure mode, and somebody pointed out the X-T30 which operates much like my beloved Canon and Nikon full manual cameras. Having controls fall naturally to the hand is everything in a good camera. It’s nice that I could set both command dials to control ISO, which is a dial I never had to use while actually shooting on film.

I haven’t tried the camera much in any automatic modes, except that I did do a series of test photos to analyze with RawDigger, sweeping through all the available ISO settings. I used aperture priority so the camera could select various odd shutter speeds, letting me keep aperture (and vignetting) constant throughout the experiment.

Some of the things that have blown me away which I didn’t even know about when first getting into Fujifilm: the OIS is so good it’s scary, letting me handhold way longer and slower lens settings than I’d have imagined, like I’m temporarily pinning the image to the world. Autofocus is super nice and sharp, and it’s fantastic being able to touch the LCD screen to focus on a particular area anywhere in the image and fire off a shot. And the 50 mm f/1.0 shooting at f/1.0 is amazingly selective for the distance things are in focus, almost like dropping a curtain behind the subject.

I bought a set of Fujinon XF prime lenses:

14 f/2.8 R

27 f/2.8 R WR

35 f/1.4 R

50 f/1.0 R WR

80 f/2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro

And a couple Fujinon FX zoom lenses:

18-135 f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR

100-400 f/4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR

Other Fujifilm gear:

XF2X TC WR 2x Teleconverter

X-T30 II Camera Body

And a third party item:

Meike 6.5 f/2.0 Circular Fisheye, a $129 barrel distortion of fun!

• 7 months later...

I shoot mostly Pentax and Leica before the xpro 3. The reason I like that camera so much is that it gets back to basics. It’s probably one of the closest in terms of reminding me of the Leica…it just gives you what you need and gets out of the way to let you just focus on taking photos. Many other companies overload it with hundreds of ‘features’ that you’ll never even use. Also they put way too many buttons for this and that. My only gripes with the xpro 3 is that the photo delete button is in a strange location and that the menu system could definitely use some work. Overall it doesn’t bother me that much because I spend what, maybe one or two percent of my time actually in the menus? Not a big deal at all. One HUGE thing I like about the Fuji xpro 3 is the weight of it. I still can’t get over how light the camera is. If you’re carrying a camera all day long, every ounce adds up 

• 5 weeks later...

Is cheap and funny 😉 GFX is very cheap oposit to another brand.

Now i have some issue with cashback, because communication is MEH - he don't contact me directly, i can't answer and he say me that my IBAN and SWIFT is incorect - LOL no he have stupid aplication, than modify or check bank account, becuase i live in Austria, but i don't have Austria bank - because EU - yep same issue have UPC - say me wrong IBAN - funny is that furmullar ask for bank country and this is correct. But i belive that FUJIFILM send me my 500 euro cashback that promise me

Now i need camera that don't exist - best X-E5 - same sensor that T5 with IBIS - same size as X-E4 - this make me happy - my primary camera is GFX100S, next is NIKON D810  and i use it on underwater too - because i don't like put GFX100S to housing ;-)) too much risk

And i like switch from D810 in underwater to some Fujifilm crop + for video - i have DJI gimbal too.

I still hold D810 - because his price is now between 600-1000 euro - and is better hold this.

But i am not fan, i go to GFX because is best for good money and i trust, that FUJI continue - i switch from NIKON to FUJIFILM - if XIOAMI make something phenomenal i maybe switch ;-)) - yes lenses is problem

I still waiting for prime lens 35 or 40mm f 1.7 or lower.

• 6 months later...

My first Fuji was an X30, a Point and Shoot and I sold away to concentrate on my FF Pentax K1.  That was in 2016.  Last month, I got my hands on an X-Pro2 Graphite Edition that was well used.  The previous owner did not bother to baby it.  II like Fuji because of the film simulations and a friend encouraged me to get one.

Bought the 56mm F1.2 R WR 2nd hand and waiting to try out during a coming photoshoot.

Edited by felixkh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been using Fuji cameras for years. First an S-1000, then an X-E1, and now a X-T4. 
The main reason I switched to Fuji is that I like the lens quality. Back in the '80s I spent a bunch of money on a Nikon outfit, and the image quality didn't compare favorably to my Leica M-2, with 50 and 35mm Summluxes and a 90 Summicron, Everything seemed flat as a flounder. I was printing on grade 6 paper to get tolerable prints, so I sold it at a considerable loss. By 2014 Film and processing was starting to be a challenge, so I wanted a digital camera. I would have bought an M-9, but that was totally out of my budget. Nowadays Digital Leica M bodies cost more than most of the cars I have owned.
The S-1000, was for getting my toes wet in the digital world and did much better than I expected. The X-E1 worked pretty much like a traditional film camera, shutter speeds on a dial aperture on a ring. Likewise for the X-T4. The 18-55 f:2.8-4 was excellent. Perhaps the best kit lens ever, 'though the 16-80 F:4 gives it a hard run for that title.
Now, I do a lot of available light work, Or as some describe it, available darkness, and Optical Image Stabilization is a game changer. I've gotten good shots at ridiculously slow shutter speeds, so long as the subject isn't moving too much. I've shot weddings by firelight and gotten excellent results.

• 2 months later...

Beauty, functionality, originality, beautiful images and optics, optics, optics. What's not to like?

Well, I'm one year in and I'm not quite sure. I have a 20+ year background with Canon FF, analog + digital. I have really struggled with macro and fuji. I have a great setup but I think the OVF of Canon is suited much more than any EVF out there for that. Otherwise I am pretty happy. I do not like how easy it is to accidentally change settings on the X-T5 by bumping and dials turning by mistake. The menus are good but a bit heavy handed. I really like the prime lens selections and IQ up to the XF90, beyond that much is lacking. The 40mp sensor on crop is amazing for cropping without loss of detail and cleans up very well with noise reduction such as in LR. 

I find myself shooting with the 27 mkii and the 50 f/2 & 90 for the most part. I just picked up the Siggy 18-50 and feel it's very underrated and will make a great travel 3 primes in one lens. 

Size and weight are great and it's a fine looking piece of gear, if that matters to you or not. Well designed. 

Edited by Blue Zurich