Why do you like Fujifilm?

Ketsada UNs

• 3 weeks later...

In the film days, i used to buy Velvia and Sensia by batch of 40 rolls and liked them a lot. They were mostly used on Nikon FM2. I then switched to Canon FF DSLR. But carrying a DSLR everyday was a chore. So I was looking for a smaller and well built camera for everyday use. After considering many brands and models, I liked the X100F the most and decided to give Fujifilm camera a first chance. I am very happy I did. So far the Canon R6 has been my first choice for weddings as I need dual-slot SD cards and quieter shutter than my DSLR. I checked the X-T4 at my local shop last week and was very pleased with the metal build of it, so X-T4 is also a serious candidate.

I'll post a few pics of my X100F later.

14 hours ago, SBK said:

In the film days, i used to buy Velvia and Sensia by batch of 40 rolls and liked them a lot. They were mostly used on Nikon FM2. I then switched to Canon FF DSLR. But carrying a DSLR everyday was a chore. So I was looking for a smaller and well built camera for everyday use. After considering many brands and models, I liked the X100F the most and decided to give Fujifilm camera a first chance. I am very happy I did. So far the Canon R6 has been my first choice for weddings as I need dual-slot SD cards and quieter shutter than my DSLR. I checked the X-T4 at my local shop last week and was very pleased with the metal build of it, so X-T4 is also a serious candidate.

I'll post a few pics of my X100F later.

Nice 👍🏽 I use a canon DSLR, but a long time ago.😄

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After my film strip period, my first digital camera was a fujifilm s5000, later s9500, and my first DSLR was amazing S5 Pro (i came from nikon analog camera and i can use all my tools). I ever loved fujifilm color, from analog to actual color. 
Before to arrive to my actual camera i move across Canon 40D, Lumix gh2, Gh3, Canon 60D, Sony Alpha 7R, Lumix Gh5 until i mcome back to home with Fujifilm X-T3, but after few months i sold it, great color but... too thin... i cannot be confortable to shoot with it with ocular, my nose was too pushed against display (i'm not cyrano de bergerac), and i cannot live without stabilized sensor, i often use vintage lenses... then i moved to 😄 Fujifilm X-T4.

IMG_3602.jpg

20 minutes ago, carlo macchiavello said:

After my film strip period, my first digital camera was a fujifilm s5000, later s9500, and my first DSLR was amazing S5 Pro (i came from nikon analog camera and i can use all my tools). I ever loved fujifilm color, from analog to actual color. 
Before to arrive to my actual camera i move across Canon 40D, Lumix gh2, Gh3, Canon 60D, Sony Alpha 7R, Lumix Gh5 until i mcome back to home with Fujifilm X-T3, but after few months i sold it, great color but... too thin... i cannot be confortable to shoot with it with ocular, my nose was too pushed against display (i'm not cyrano de bergerac), and i cannot live without stabilized sensor, i often use vintage lenses... then i moved to 😄 Fujifilm X-T4.

IMG_3602.jpg

Great 👍🏽 😄😄😄

• 2 weeks later...

I will not post an image of my Fuji camera as everyone here knows what they look like. 😉 I am still in a test / adjustment phase as my other system is Panasonic micro4/3. I want to try the Fuji X systen for at least a year as I think it takes that long to find all the ins- and outs of a system and see if I like it as a whole.

So far I hate the menu system. The custom settings part was greatly improved with the X-E4 by adding settings for autofocus etc.

As a raw shooter I do not like the zoom lenses unless stopped down due to the horrible vignetting.

I like the small F/2.0 WR lenses best. Most joy is shooting with adapted Olympus OM Zuiko lenses of which the 50mm F/1.8 is my favorite, no vignetting even wide open and nice color rendering.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I fell in love with Fuji and switched from Nikon full frame because of:

- Fujifilm JPEGs. They are fantastic and really useful. They are ok straight out of the camera 90% of the times. My workflow is faster and the results are better. 

- High image quality with less costs, less volume and less weight compared to full frame. Many times for my needs, I find Fujifilm image quality to be on par or superior compared to my previous Nikon FF gear

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I fell for Fujifilm recently. I loved 35 mm film photography in manual exposure mode, and somebody pointed out the X-T30 which operates much like my beloved Canon and Nikon full manual cameras. Having controls fall naturally to the hand is everything in a good camera. It’s nice that I could set both command dials to control ISO, which is a dial I never had to use while actually shooting on film.

I haven’t tried the camera much in any automatic modes, except that I did do a series of test photos to analyze with RawDigger, sweeping through all the available ISO settings. I used aperture priority so the camera could select various odd shutter speeds, letting me keep aperture (and vignetting) constant throughout the experiment.

Some of the things that have blown me away which I didn’t even know about when first getting into Fujifilm: the OIS is so good it’s scary, letting me handhold way longer and slower lens settings than I’d have imagined, like I’m temporarily pinning the image to the world. Autofocus is super nice and sharp, and it’s fantastic being able to touch the LCD screen to focus on a particular area anywhere in the image and fire off a shot. And the 50 mm f/1.0 shooting at f/1.0 is amazingly selective for the distance things are in focus, almost like dropping a curtain behind the subject.

I bought a set of Fujinon XF prime lenses:

14 f/2.8 R

27 f/2.8 R WR

35 f/1.4 R

50 f/1.0 R WR

80 f/2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro

And a couple Fujinon FX zoom lenses:

18-135 f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR

100-400 f/4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR

Other Fujifilm gear:

XF2X TC WR 2x Teleconverter

X-T30 II Camera Body

And a third party item:

Meike 6.5 f/2.0 Circular Fisheye, a $129 barrel distortion of fun!

Kit.jpeg