News Fujifilm X-H2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 4:03 PM, Ketsada UNs said:

Why ! You don’t like selfie screen?

It's not that I don't like them.  It's more that I HATE THEM!!!  I use my LCD on my XT-3 and XT-2 at different angles every time I go out.  It's how I get into close spots and get the shots I like to get.  Using a selfie screen makes the camera twice as wide and impossible to reach the angles I normally shoot.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 12:30 PM, Lumens said:

It's not that I don't like them.  It's more that I HATE THEM!!!  I use my LCD on my XT-3 and XT-2 at different angles every time I go out.  It's how I get into close spots and get the shots I like to get.  Using a selfie screen makes the camera twice as wide and impossible to reach the angles I normally shoot.  

If you don´t need and use them fully articulating screens are just ridiculous! I totally agree: if there is another absurd display as in the x-pro 3 or x-t4 the new one won`t be mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Not arguing with anyone about their preferences, but I love the fully articulating screen and will not buy a Fujifilm camera that doesn't have one. I passed on the recent X-T3 sale because it did not have one.

Viewfinders are the most important item for me and the X-Pro3 is a camera I am looking to buy on sale, after the X-H2 is announced; unless of course it offers one better with the X-H2.  LCD's are awful for anything in my view but reviewing pictures taken.

Smeared scratched LCD screens with those absurd screen protectors, inability to see in strong sunlight, are a joke compared to a real first class viewfinder as on the X-Pro3 and I wish Fujifilm would advance them and place them on more cameras.

No problem however, understanding how others think the opposite. 

I originally came from canon cameras, that had the same articulating screens, and i hated them.

They are useless in windy land/seascape situations, where they effectively double the profile of the body, causing camera shake.

While it would be nice if Fuji could produce bodies with either an articulating or hinged rear screen, its probably very impractical, and expensive.

Unfortunately video vloggers make the most noise, so the rest of use have to put up with it, or find another manufacturer that doesn't use these type of screens.

I've been using Fujiflm ever since i purchased a X-T1 in 2014, if i have to upgrade my T2, it properly wont be Fuji.

I bought an X-T2 to try my hands on X-T camera and like it a lot. Its tilting LCD screen is very sturdy. The tilting screen is great for street photography too, which  I don't have on my X100F. Although I don't need it personally, I do understand the need for fully articulating screen for folks who use it to create videos on youtube (and other applications ...).

• 4 months later...

1. Integrate the "selfie" feature into the display's arm and limit its flexibility for people behind the camera or,

2. Create self-standing selfie monitors between 50 mm and 300 mm diagonal that plug into the video port, run off their own batteries and show all of the camera info and live image as if it were a viewfinder. People can use a remote or phone application to control the camera when facing it.

• 6 months later...

I was at a Fuji Day at a local camera store and I got a chance to speak with the Fuji rep for our side of the country. While he did not spill any details about the X-H2, he said that Fujirumors, despite not being directly affiliated with Fujifilm, has only been wrong once in their Fuji camera predictions in the last ten years and it's not this camera.

I put myself on the waiting list at the store right then and there.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Carlos Echenique said:

FujiRumors has reported that one of the two X-H2 models being introduced will be called the X-H2s. The comment thread is rife with speculation as to what the "S" means. My bet is "Stills" because using the "S" designation for the video version is a Sony thing.

It could also stand for "Super" Carlos with the larger sensor and higher frame rate.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
3 hours ago, Michael_in_Victoria said:

I’ve been told (a few times) that the X-H2 will be coming this spring but I’m not holding my breath. Just my wallet. If they announce an X-Pro4 with either the 40mp sensor or the stacked 26 (faster Street shooting) with the CF Express second card option, I may go for that instead. And wait. 

I own the X-H2 and have shot with it for several months. Lowlight is amazing and the extra pixels help with cropping if needed. My workflow with darktable is unaffected by the size of the images.