XC15-45 OIS PZ Erratic Behavior

I've had this lens for a couple of weeks now, and I like it more every time I use it except for the behavior of the coarse zoom ring. I think I just discovered something, and I'm sharing it here if anyone else is having this issue.

I use this lens on an X-E3, and the coarse zoom ring sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, and sometimes takes large leaps before the W-T indicator appears on the screen. The fine ring always seemed to work as expected. I noticed today that when I activate the coarse zoom ring, the focus distance part of my screen display disappears before displaying the W-T indicator. I turned off the focus distance display, and the coarse zoom ring now works rock solid, as does the companion W-T indicator.

It appears the focus distance display interferes with the W-T indicator, which in turn interferes with coarse zoom operation. I like the focus distance indicator, but I like this lens more, when it's working smooth. I'm curious to know of the experience of others using this lens on other models.