Wired shutter release adapter

Hi everyone. 

I am getting a little frustrated in my research for purchasing a wired shutter release for my xs10. 

The main sticking points are finding a good third party one as I think the rr100 is very overpriced, plus it requires a three pin adapter to converts the male 2.5mm jack to a 3.5mm.

I'm struggling mainly with finding an adapter as they are all either four pin, or so poorly rated that they're probably best avoided. 

Has anyone out there sorted their kit out yet and if so, could you please point me in the right direction. 

Cheers 

Simon

Your comment intrigued me enough that I did some research. Based on the information at http://www.doc-diy.net/photo/remote_pinout/ most Fujifilm cameras use the same "remote protocol" as most Canons (and some Olympus and Pentax). So I wired up a 3.5mm plug the same way and it worked! So all you should need is a cheapish ($10 to $12 on Amazon, like this https://www.amazon.com/Kiwifotos-RS-80N3-Control-Shutter-Connection/dp/B071XPW655/) Canon remote and the plug adapter.

Someone on another thread somewhere said "if you look for Canon Rebel you'll be good".

Thank you for your advice, the main sticking point now is finding a suitable adapter... Which is proving a headache. 

A 2.5mm to 3.5mm mic adapter seems hard to find. There are plenty of four pin adapters out there, but they are more for headphones etc.... I'm trying to find a reputable mic adapter and don't really know if a four pin is compatible.