X Webcam and macOS 11.x (Big Sur)

Andy Knight

I'm posting this in General Discussion because there's no discrete topic for X Webcam. There should be because so many people find it problematic!

There are many frustrated people who've been trying to get X Webcam to work on macOS 11.x (Big Sur)

If you check the System Requirements on this page you will see that X Webcam is only supported on macOS versions 10.12 -> 10.15

What I find truly astonishing is that the latest version of X Webcam (v2.1) was released in early 2021 and macOS Big Sur was GA in November 2020.

Why would anyone release a piece of software that patently doesn't work on the current version of any particular operating system?

Same expect according to Fuji, it's supposed to work on my version of OXS (Mojave). Installed the latest version of X Webcam 2, did a firmware update on X-T30, changed the USB connection setting to USB Webcam, connected the camera through USB (no hub).

The camera is not recognized and doesn't show up under available cams. Also, Fuji X Webcam software's entire interface is grayed out.