Your X Lens wishlist

Toon

I am dreaming of 2 zoom lenses that cover a) the wide end and B) the tele end but overlap a fair bit, because I usually find myself working in a wide angle mood that might extend into the slightly tele area, and on the other hand in the tele area that might extend to the slightly wide angle. With current lenses I have to decide what to shoot, or change lenses, as there is no overlap, it goes up to 55mm and from 55mm. 

My ideal lenses would be something like 15-60mm f 2.8 and 30-120mm f2.8

One way way of making lenses smaller/lighter and still keep wide apertures would probably be to put the OIS into the camera body. It would definitely give more options in the lens design, and might allow for a larger sensor without changing the mount design.

I am dreaming of 2 zoom lenses that cover a) the wide end and B) the tele end but overlap a fair bit, because I usually find myself working in a wide angle mood that might extend into the slightly tele area, and on the other hand in the tele area that might extend to the slightly wide angle. With current lenses I have to decide what to shoot, or change lenses, as there is no overlap, it goes up to 55mm and from 55mm.

My ideal lenses would be something like 15-60mm f 2.8 and 30-120mm f2.8

One way way of making lenses smaller/lighter and still keep wide apertures would probably be to put the OIS into the camera body. It would definitely give more options in the lens design, and might allow for a larger sensor without changing the mount design.

Try to envision your picture first, then set your focale accordingly, then move around. If you are trying to make a picture work by zooming around instead of using your feet it will never work that well ;)

I miss the voigtländer 40/2 very much. I have the 27 and tried the 23. 27 is very nice but two stops too slow for the social portraits the voigt does so well and with the 23 the camera doesnt fit in my pocket anymore.

A fast pancake where size and bokeh are prioritiesat the expense of corner sharpness and fast af-motor would be very very nice. A bit like the 18, but for slightly wide normal. 25-30mm 1.4-1.8 or something would do the trick. If the corners sharpen up @ 4 or 5.6 it would be a nice bonus.

X-T1 owner... For lenses I currently have:

10-24 - 23 1.4 - 56 1.2 - 60 Macro - 18-135

I'm about to purchase:

16 1.4

90 2

Looking forward to the 120 Macro (will sell the 60). I'll likely get the 35 f2 because it is WR. 

I love shooting with the 10-24 - The OIS is superb

The 23 and 56 are incredible lenses. 

I've hardly used the 18-135 which I purchased for convenience and WR.

Regarding lens wish lists:

I recently switched to the Fuji system. I did so because the camera is smaller and because of the lenses. The current and near future lens lineup is already so good, that I hardly have a wish list. I'd like WR versions of the 23 and 56.

Am a bit tempted by the 16-55 2.8 - I do mostly on the go journalism so the fast zoom makes sense but there is something so pleasing about shooting with the Fuji primes... 

The one thing I would like is faster AF, but that is more the camera than lenses.

I much prefer primes to zooms and don't like to have a ton of lenses to choose from (I did that with Nikon). I find that I travel much lighter now and take stronger images shooting with my current set of 2 primes (23mm f/1.4 and 56mm f/1.2) and my XT-1.

My current wishlist is just the 35mm f2 WR. I mostly want this for its size and WR properties as I want a lens I can pair with the XT-1 in all weather to take hiking/fishing/hunting etc - places where I know it's going to get dirty. If a 23mm f/2 WR came out and it was the same size as the 35 f/2 I would likely sell the 23 f/1.4 and 35 f/2 as I much prefer the 23mm focal length on APSC and don't mind giving up some speed as long as that lens was superb wide open.

Eventually I could see getting the 100-400, but will likely wait to see if something like a 300mm f/4 OIS WR lens comes out instead (along with the 1.4x TC). I'd also like a wide angle at some point, but don't have enough of a need for one currently to justify it (a 14mm f/2 WR no larger than the 23mm f/1.4 would probably push me over the edge though).

These are my actual lenses - and my wishlist

16mm f1.4 (I sold my 14mm f2.8 to buy it, and love it).

30b44c3d5b415e1753dca42bf648f239.jpg

23mm f1.4 (wonderful all-purpose lens)

c31c1dbecc79ac339c32f1f09bf0bf4a.jpg

35mm f1.4 (haven't used it as much since I got the 23mm, but I'm pleased when I do)

86252355e0ab89d36edb64e3a305406f.jpg

56mm f1.2 (the only one I'm not 100% sure about. Great quality but it puts a distance between you and your subject, where I like to be close and involved - and the way it isolates the subject can mean you lose the sense of what's going on around them)

a04ced841362f571579c9b7d899d2753.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I shoot mostly people for portraiture, fashion and beauty so the 90mm is next on my list and after that (and hopefully an X-Pro-2), I'd ideally like to build a smaller prime kit starting the the 35mm f/2 or an X100T with a wide & tele adapters.

Well could have been framed better but yes it's tack sharp and the bokeh is gorgeous compared to the 18-55mm.

OOC jpeg, sharp +1 with the 35mm f/1.4, one of the very first tests I made of the AF speed which is plenty adequate for slow moving stuff (read pedestrian moving speed) but needs prefocus for fast moving stuff (dog running, cyclists, cars etc.) which works as well but only results in about 70% of usable pictures for me ;)

Well could have been framed better but yes it's tack sharp and the bokeh is gorgeous compared to the 18-55mm.

OOC jpeg, sharp +1 with the 35mm f/1.4, one of the very first tests I made of the AF speed which is plenty adequate for slow moving stuff (read pedestrian moving speed) but needs prefocus for fast moving stuff (dog running, cyclists, cars etc.) which works as well but only results in about 70% of usable pictures for me ;)

Really love the 35mm too but I'm also unsatisfied with the autofocus when it comes to moving subjects or when light is gone. The 27mm and the 18mm work better I think.

For me the wish list to complement my X-T1 with the XF18-55, XF60mm and the Zeiss 32 would be:

• 23 f/2 WR that would be absolutely awesome, small, compact and fast enough for what I want to shoot.
  • 10 or 12mm f/2 WR they would even go for an f/4 version to keep the size down
  • A dedicated fisheye lens with WR and maybe f/2 or f/2.8 I know there is the Samyang one which I had and it is great but a Fuji one would be great

They have listend to us and are going to introduce the 35mm f/2 WR. That is one lens I will be getting for sure.

I think I will be going for the 10-24 soon as I just love the wide angle photography. Not into tele much myself.

My wishlist: 

- 10mm f/2.8

A wider Fuji-prime than the 14mm. The zeiss and samyang 12mm's are good alternatives, but I think a 10mm would be a great combo with the 16mm f/1.4. Maybe not a lens for me, but I think it could be something for the lineup.

- 10-20mm (or 18mm) f/4 OIS.

I would really love to se a lighter and more compact wide-angle zoom. cutting of 4-6mm in the long end could be enough to get i down to the size of the 18-55mm f/2.8-4. 

- 70mm f/2.8 OIS macro 1:1

I want a true macro-lens. The 120mm is tempting, but I know thats gonna be too huge for me. I really liked the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS when I had the 5D. So this could be something like that. Thoug a lot smaller. Maybe something comparable in size with the new 90mm f/2. 

I really want a 70mm, at least f/2 but ideally f/1.4. I'm not fussed about reaching the spec-sheet-boasting f/1.2 since I'd rather keep the size and weight down. The one thing I really miss from my DSLR and medium format kits is a 100mm-105mm equivalent portrait prime for the classic hollywood look. The 56mm isn't quite long enough. The 60mm also falls just short, is a fraction too slow for when I really need the light and the focus is that one step behind the other lenses. The 90mm is going to be too long; I hated the 135mm lens I had for my Canon system. I made my name with 100mm f/2 (DSLR) and 210mm f/4.5 (medium format) portraits and when I switched to Fuji I thought either the 56mm or 60mm lenses would get me close enough to keep my look, but they just don't. That extra 10mm-15mm makes a hell of a difference when you're getting up close to someone. If Fuji make a 70mm f/2 or faster, I'll pre-order one on the day of announcement and pay any price.

And I know it would be harmful to their own product line, but a 15mm f/2 would make life much easier instead of stressing about whether to take the 16mm f/1.4 or the 14mm f/2.8!

Or, in my wildest dreams, a true crop equivalent of the standard 24-70mm f/2.8 zooms Canon and Nikon have. In crop sensor terms it would need to be something like 16-47mm f/1.8. Sigma has the 18-35mm f/1.8, which is the right idea, but it falls just short on each end. (And you can't get it for Fuji mount.) I'll happily give up some of the wide end, and if they gave me that 70mm lens I want I'd let a little of the long end go, so 18-45mm f/1.8 would be perfect. Doesn't need OIS, doesn't need weather sealing, doesn't need macro. Just get me the focal length and the actual equivalent aperture.

My wishlist: 

- 70mm f/2.8 OIS macro 1:1

I want a true macro-lens. The 120mm is tempting, but I know thats gonna be too huge for me. I really liked the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS when I had the 5D. So this could be something like that. Thoug a lot smaller. Maybe something comparable in size with the new 90mm f/2. 

I'd buy that the instant it came out...