Firmware Update for the X-T2

Anf

Hello,  I purchased an X-T2 only this week which I’m very pleased with but am having trouble updating the firmware.  The check shows the last update was 4.30 but when I locate the latest firmware on my Mac Mini and use Cmd +R the download starts and then keeps flashing.  When I remove the card from the card slot at the back and do a check it is still showing 4.30.  Help?

TF

Thank you for your reply, what I was trying to do was update the firmware in my X-T2 and as I am new to this camera, and updates, I can only imagine that I was acting on an instruction I had read somewhere(or misread).  Having used the method you recommend I find that my Mac Mini can’t open the file and I have both VLC and 5k Apps on board.  I never had this problem with my Leica M3 or my Canon F1.  Sorry about that but I took up photography in my early 20s and was given a digital compact camera for my 65th.  I have had two more compact cameras since but of course they didn’t need updating.  I purchased the very able Fujifilm X-T2 because my photography had become ‘Point and Shoot’.  I am very happy with the camera - and I am working through the instructional manual  - perhaps I should have updated my Mac Mini too?  Thank you again.  TF