ND filters

Sammyc

Hi all. I'm new to mirrorless cameras and have just bought the XT30 which I'm really liking. Only using the 18-55mm at the moment but it's such a great lens I don't mind using it for sometime before I upgrade. I mainly shoot landscapes and need some ND filters and polarizers to shoot waterfalls and sunsets and would love some recommendations on some budget ones, maybe a 3 and a 10 stop to start with? Any suggestions? 

On 2/14/2021 at 7:20 PM, Sammyc said:

Thanks David. Are you able to share the brand/model you bought? 

i use pretty cheap generic variable nd and polarizer (amazon basics cpl and ozure nd currently )  , it give's basic result's . but if you are serious about result's then check the comparison video from gerald undone 

there's also 2 in1 filter , which is variable nd and polarizer filter together (like this one shown by kai.w ) 

2 in 1 filter's are available from other brand's too like k&f ,polar pro etc.. but i haven't used myself ..yet ! . i hope this helps . have a nice day !

On 2/15/2021 at 11:57 PM, K PRETHVIRAJ said:

i use pretty cheap generic variable nd and polarizer (amazon basics cpl and ozure nd currently )  , it give's basic result's . but if you are serious about result's then check the comparison video from gerald undone 

there's also 2 in1 filter , which is variable nd and polarizer filter together (like this one shown by kai.w ) 

2 in 1 filter's are available from other brand's too like k&f ,polar pro etc.. but i haven't used myself ..yet ! . i hope this helps . have a nice day !

Thank you very much, this is very helpful

On 2/14/2021 at 8:50 AM, Sammyc said:

Thanks David. Are you able to share the brand/model you bought? 

Sorry for the delay, just saw this message. I use B+W (XS-Pro MRC Nano for the ND and the Kaeseman CPL). I can’t say they are better than other brands, just that they are the ones I use. I have been satisfied with them.

David

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 7:16 PM, dward said:

Sorry for the delay, just saw this message. I use B+W (XS-Pro MRC Nano for the ND and the Kaeseman CPL). I can’t say they are better than other brands, just that they are the ones I use. I have been satisfied with them.

David

Thanks for the recommendation David!