Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all. I'm new to mirrorless cameras and have just bought the XT30 which I'm really liking. Only using the 18-55mm at the moment but it's such a great lens I don't mind using it for sometime before I upgrade. I mainly shoot landscapes and need some ND filters and polarizers to shoot waterfalls and sunsets and would love some recommendations on some budget ones, maybe a 3 and a 10 stop to start with? Any suggestions? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2021 at 7:20 PM, Sammyc said:

Thanks David. Are you able to share the brand/model you bought? 

i use pretty cheap generic variable nd and polarizer (amazon basics cpl and ozure nd currently )  , it give's basic result's . but if you are serious about result's then check the comparison video from gerald undone 

 

there's also 2 in1 filter , which is variable nd and polarizer filter together (like this one shown by kai.w ) 

 2 in 1 filter's are available from other brand's too like k&f ,polar pro etc.. but i haven't used myself ..yet ! . i hope this helps . have a nice day !

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2021 at 11:57 PM, K PRETHVIRAJ said:

i use pretty cheap generic variable nd and polarizer (amazon basics cpl and ozure nd currently )  , it give's basic result's . but if you are serious about result's then check the comparison video from gerald undone 

 

there's also 2 in1 filter , which is variable nd and polarizer filter together (like this one shown by kai.w ) 

 2 in 1 filter's are available from other brand's too like k&f ,polar pro etc.. but i haven't used myself ..yet ! . i hope this helps . have a nice day !

Thank you very much, this is very helpful

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2021 at 8:50 AM, Sammyc said:

Thanks David. Are you able to share the brand/model you bought? 

Sorry for the delay, just saw this message. I use B+W (XS-Pro MRC Nano for the ND and the Kaeseman CPL). I can’t say they are better than other brands, just that they are the ones I use. I have been satisfied with them.

David

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 7:16 PM, dward said:

Sorry for the delay, just saw this message. I use B+W (XS-Pro MRC Nano for the ND and the Kaeseman CPL). I can’t say they are better than other brands, just that they are the ones I use. I have been satisfied with them.

David

Thanks for the recommendation David! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Posts

    • Which camera? The Fuji firmware update website does not list a version 1.35
    • It's not cheaper when buying in Germany. Below are screenshots from the Leica store in Berlin Germany and from B&H , USA. I put the two cameras in the cart just for comparison sake. At today's exchange rate, 14050 Euros = $16720, which makes it more expensive to buy in Germany.  
    • For limited numbers of images (up to 100k or so), the Lightroom or Capture One Catalogue usually will do. If you work in projects -like I usually do- Capture One Sessions is a much better option. I can also recommend the DAM (Digital Asset Management) of ON1 Photo Raw as it keeps raw and jpegs nicely together when you cull them. For large numbers of images Photo Mechanic is by far the best. It's often used by journalists and other pro's who have to search for certain images based on content. Either way, it's good to setup a file/directory structure on your PC/Mac that has some kind of system. E.g. per year/month/topic... before you load the images into a catalogue. And don't forget to backup...
    • Leica is 'victim' of the US trade taxes imposed on German products. Here in Switzerland Leica prices are a lot more agreeable. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't cherish my Q2 Monochrome. The 'victim' of that -unfortunately- is my X-Pro2...
    • You can use a normal USB charger.
×
×
  • Create New...