A computer fan like noise

Prahlada Damayasa

Good to know you found a workaround to that noise, because it is absolutely normal for Fuji X-T4.

Camera has powerful electromagnets to put sensor "flying in the air" after you turned it on. When Image Stabilizer is disabled, sensor just remains "flying" in static position. When Image Stabilizer is enabled - electromagnets are reacting and shifting sensor to compensate movements and keep image stable.

There is no way to turn that electromagnets off when X-T4 camera is operating. So you will always have that noise. In some cases magnets are producing additional sounds when stabilizing sensor position - that sounds are also normal, indicating that camera is operating properly.

Personally, I prefer completely silent cameras, and it was the main reason for me to sell X-T4. But if you need Image Stabilizer - Fuji X-T4 is excellent tool.

On 2/9/2021 at 5:33 AM, yukosteel said:

Good to know you found a workaround to that noise, because it is absolutely normal for Fuji X-T4.

Camera has powerful electromagnets to put sensor "flying in the air" after you turned it on. When Image Stabilizer is disabled, sensor just remains "flying" in static position. When Image Stabilizer is enabled - electromagnets are reacting and shifting sensor to compensate movements and keep image stable.

There is no way to turn that electromagnets off when X-T4 camera is operating. So you will always have that noise. In some cases magnets are producing additional sounds when stabilizing sensor position - that sounds are also normal, indicating that camera is operating properly.

Personally, I prefer completely silent cameras, and it was the main reason for me to sell X-T4. But if you need Image Stabilizer - Fuji X-T4 is excellent tool.

Thank you so much for your explanation. And I have also got a email from Fujifilm Switzerland and they tell me the same. I guess I was just paranoid with this.

Edited by Prahlada Damayasa

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem with my X-S10. 

It wasn't making the sound through the first several days of recording and then started seemingly out of nowhere. I've seen other posts about this. I don't think that it is normal. I can hear it from the camera at an arms length. It is definitely picked up by mic mounted on the hotshoe.

• 8 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 11:33 PM, yukosteel said:

What did you buy after you sold your X-T4?

On 2/8/2021 at 11:33 PM, yukosteel said:

The fan noise is still there after you have turned IS off in the menu. Why?