XT3 Charging issue.

Kev Dev

I've seen a couple of posts about this but they havent been updated in a while so I thought I'd shoot my shot. 

Just updated the firmware to 4.0 and tried to use my xt3 as the webcam for a church event's live stream. 

Imagine my surprise when the camera started blinking and warning that my battery was dying. 

Thank God I had an extra battery but it did result in some downtime. 

Is anyone else still having this issue of the battery not being charged via USBc while camera in use? 

I have to imagine this would be problematic for livestreamers  Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

On 1/31/2021 at 12:08 AM, Kev Dev said:

I've seen a couple of posts about this but they havent been updated in a while so I thought I'd shoot my shot. 

Just updated the firmware to 4.0 and tried to use my xt3 as the webcam for a church event's live stream. 

Imagine my surprise when the camera started blinking and warning that my battery was dying. 

Is anyone else still having this issue of the battery not being charged via USBc while camera in use? 

I have to imagine this would be problematic for livestreamers  Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

i hope this helps! . have a nice day !.

On 1/31/2021 at 12:08 AM, Kev Dev said:

until the firmware get's updated , you can try using usb-C PD powerbanks to externally power the camera . i heard it still charges from powerbank while using . i hope this helps . have a nice day !