Extreme Cold

Hank

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, 

Anyone use the Fuji system in extreme cold? I've had my XT-3 at -10F. The  126s batteries performed as they always do and no issues with the bodies or any of the lenses (10-24, 50-150, 100-400). I'm heading to Lapland next February where the temperature could drop to -40F. Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks 

Warren

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Can you tell us at what ISO-levels? And does the moiré also occurs in 4K?
    • Aren't you accidentally looking at the embedded previews in the raw files? They have a reduced resolution. When you look in-camera you best view at the processed jpegs when you shoot raw+jpeg. Some users separate raw+jpeg across the two card slots and review only slot 2 (the processed jpegs). When you assess the images on the computer, make sure that the full raw file is loaded instead of the preview. Another suggestion is to look at focusing. Many people coming from a DSLR struggle a bit at first with mirrorless focusing. Make sure you have the right focus mode and shift the focus point to the desired location (joystick) rather than using the focus + recompose method. Finally and in all honesty, no matter how good the X-T3 is, there's still a difference with full-frame. Esp. in lower light situations. I've used the 5D in various versions and it is a 'beast' of a camera. Depending on which 35 + 85 you've used, it was until recently the go-to camera for most professionals and for a good reason.
    • I never liked the finger loop on my Leica's and have only used wrist or neck straps on those and Fuji's. For me the X100 series is best on a wrist strap. Sorry I can't help.
    • I have both the Oly Pen-F and the Fuji X100V and I wouldn't sell either.  Both cameras are great in their own way.  In fact, following my purchase of the Fuji X100V, I learned to appreciate my Pen-F yet more.  The Pen-F feels as good, and perhaps better, than the X100V in the hand.  The Pen-F has image stabilization while the X100V doesn't.  The Pen-F takes interchangeable lenses while the X100V doesn't.   Back in the old film days, at times, I carried two identical cameras, one with color film, the other with Black and White film.  These days, I (once in a while) carry two cameras (the Pen-F and the X100V), the Pen-F with a 50mm (equivalent) lens aboard, the X100V having a 35mm (equivalent) fixed focal length lens of course.  Both cameras together are small and light enough to fit in a small camera bag.  Just maybe, later on, you'll decide to sell the Pen-F (or the X100V).  But why hurry to do so?  Take your time; shoot with both cameras for a while.  Perhaps a year from now you'll decide to sell one or the other.  And perhaps you won't.  In the meantime, you'll have two great cameras to use.  Hope this helps, Bill B.    
    • I have the same problem. There is no USB AUTO in the menu. Can´t seem to find the answer anywhere :(