Question regarding the Fujinon XF 16-55 f2.8

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the fuji system and have bought some zoom lenses to take on hiking trips and for some recreational shooting in the mountains.

Now I have bought a used 16-55 from a shop in my area. Right after I got home, I put it on my XT-3 and was kinda suprised.

Whereas all my other lenses like the 10-24 or the 55-200 were a perfect fit the 16-55 I got does not snap into place, but rather has a little shake to it. I do not yet know if this does influence the quality of the pictures in any shape or form but like I said I was rather suprised and am asking myself now... Is that acceptable? or should I return the lens to the shop and ask for a refund?

This is indeed an issue that occurs more frequently with X-mount and esp. combined with the larger/heavier lenses. We've had it several times on various X-Ts and only the X-H1 is really better (and the GFX). Make sure that when they tighten the screws they put a drop of Loctite on the tip of the screw. That really helps.

Ahhhh ....!  The light just went on for me lol.  I'm glad I read this post.  My camera is the X-T2 and recently I have noticed something similar with it and my 16-55.  I'm pretty sure I'll be getting an X-T4 soon, so I doubt I'll do anything about it.  Still, it is good to hear about these things.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Before I changed to Fuji, I used a Canon camera (EOS 5D Mark III), mostly with a L lens. Now I am using different Fujix cameras with different, mostly high quality lenses. I do no regret the change to Fuji at all. But...when I compare pictures taken with Fuji camera and Fuji lenses to photos taken with Canon lenses, I always thinks that the photos taken with Canon are much crisper and sharper. Even now, when I am using sometimes my Canon M6 Mk II with the 15 - 45 lens, these photos look much sharper than with a high quality Fuji lens. Why is that? Does somebody else made this experience?
    • I like to set my min. shutter speed to 1/1000th of a second on my sony when shooting street in auto ISO. But it appears there is no option to go higher than 1/500th on my Fuji. This is quite perplexing to me. Obviously the camera is capable of higher shutter speeds. Why this limitation? Is there a way around this?? 
    • I actually shipped my camera to Fuji Service Center in NJ, after several calls they told me I will need my shutter to be replaced (which will cost me $270 as it's out of warranty). I'm really not quite sure if it's the shutter issue as for my case the camera works fine without the flashlight, and I actually tried my friend's Fuji XT3 camera using the same Godox flash settings and his camera experienced the same lock up issue as well. I ended up not proceeding with the fix. But this lock up issue remains unsolved. 
    • Hi Fathom: I called Fuji tech support in the US.  They told be they were unaware of a lock-up issue with firmware version 4.00.  Hmmm. Based on your comments and others on this thread there is going to being mounting evidence that firmware 4.0 is causing lock-up issues on the X-T3 that were not there with previous firmware releases.  Everyone on this forum that are having lock-up issues with their X-T3 and firmware release 4.00 need to report what is going on to Fuji so they can get this fixed. Don Barar
    • Hi All Fuji newbie here.  I picked up a 50R and am having trouble translating my decades of Nikon speak into the menu settings on the Fuji.  Can anyone point me toward menu/control settings guide for the 50R?  There isn't a lot that's GFX specific on YouTube (and I always wonder about the sources) are the X system settings close to the GFX?  I'm working my way through the manual, but I'd like to take it out to shoot.... Thanks for any assist you can offer.