Hello all, my apologies if this topic has been asked before. I have the X-E2s model and normally use my 18-55 zoom lens. I also have the 18 f/2 and 35 f/1.4 prime lenses. Whenever I use these lenses it seems that the auto focus goes haywire. The lens is constantly chattering back and forth as if it is trying to focus. It does not matter if the camera is in the "auto" mode or manual. Or if the focus setting is single or continuous. The only time it stops doing this is when I switch the camera to the manual focus mode. The camera operates normally with the zoom lens but this drives me crazy when trying to use the prime lenses! I have checked the firmware on the camera and lenses and everything is using the most current version. Any help would be appreciated. I rarely use either of the lenses now because of this problem. Thanks, Jim White

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi Jim. Is pre-af ON or OFF?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! That was it! I had it set to ON, now things seem to be operating normally. It does still act that way if I have the camera in the SR auto mode (I know I'm not supposed to use that!) Maybe I'll finish reading my owners manual someday...Thank you again, now I may start using these lenses some more, though I am fond of the 18-55. Thank you again, Jim White.