Fujifilm cam remote app file transfer

Chrisrm7

I’ve only just stumbled on this information on another forum and thought i’d share it here. 
I wouldn’t normally use the camera remote app to transfer images to my phone but at the moment i’m between imacs and left with no alternative!

So, this may not come as news to any of you but the camera is set by default to reduce jpeg file size to a maximum of 3mb for sending via the app. 
Took me a good long while to figure out why my images looked crap, even questioned the resolution of my phone screen! :D

Anyway, if you want to get the full size files then it’s tucked away in setup menu > connection setting > general settings > resize image for smartphone > OFF

I reprocessed a RAW file on the camera and sent it again, 14.6mb as opposed to 1.1mb! 

Life changing :D

Ironically (or not...) I had the opposite experience. Transfer to the app was so slow that I discovered the resize option and happily turned it on. Now I can quickly get images for social media or family/friends and even edit them on my phone while geotagging them and automatically backing them up via Google Photos, then save the high-res original stuff for proper processing on my desktop.

46 minutes ago, CatsAreGods said:

Ironically (or not...) I had the opposite experience. Transfer to the app was so slow that I discovered the resize option and happily turned it on. Now I can quickly get images for social media or family/friends and even edit them on my phone while geotagging them and automatically backing them up via Google Photos, then save the high-res original stuff for proper processing on my desktop.

It’s briefly mentioned in the camera manual but it didn’t even occur to me that it might be a setting somewhere!

Honestly didn’t see much of a difference in transfer speed, that being said, it was just a single file, a batch may be a different story entirely…

4 hours ago, Chrisrm7 said:

It’s briefly mentioned in the camera manual but it didn’t even occur to me that it might be a setting somewhere!

Honestly didn’t see much of a difference in transfer speed, that being said, it was just a single file, a batch may be a different story entirely…

Hmm, last night I noticed even plugging the camera in was pretty slow and Windows said the photos were coming in at a "blistering" 22MB/second. For serious batches, I guess I'm going to have to pull out the SD card.