X-T30 Custom settings White balance R and B adjustment

mrPeter

I have written an e-mail to Fuji re. the above asking to enable this in the next firmware update, this is their answer:

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your suggestions for improvement, which we have forwarded to the responsible
to the responsible department. However, please understand that we have no direct influence on production
influence on production decisions and that the implementation of suggestions / new
new features may take some time.

23 hours ago, mrPeter said:
I have written an e-mail to Fuji re. the above asking to enable this in the next firmware update, this is their answer:

I have an X-T30 and wondered the same thing as well as almost every good film simulation recipe requires the shift adjusted. 
Not sure about the X-T3 but fairly certain you can store white balance shift in your custom settings on the X-T4. 
It must just be one of the corners cut to make the X-T30 cheaper. 
I use the renaming of the film simulation to remind me what it should be, for example:

Kodachrome64 +2R -5B

You still have to physically change it yourself but it speeds the process up a little. Even the ability to add a white balance shift shortcut to the Q menu would be great for me. 

You can "copy" the adjustments to the white balance in the custom settings but.. it will apply to all instances of white balance preset of that type like f.e. cloudy +2R -5B. Every time you choose white balance "cloudy" from another recipe you also have +2R -5B adjustments.

If you normally never use one of the three custom white balance settings and you can set a proper white balance with it then you have three settings to choose from for your custom recipes. I am going to give it a try coming weekend.

Henk

• 1 year later...

I figured out a work around for getting a custom WB to "stick" in the Quick menu.

First of all, create a custom white balance setting:

1. I.Q. menu > White Balance > Select one of the three custom WB settings (under Auto).

2. For example, scroll down to the first custom WB, press the Menu/OK button, then press the Menu/OK button once again. Now, you will be able to manually set the Red and Blue values. Save and exit by pressing the DispBack button.

3. Next, set up a film simulation that you would like to create and save it in the Quick Menu. When creating this film simulation, make sure to select the custom white balance that you created in step 2.

Done!