'No Card' Error message X-T2

Uschi

I just bought a second-hand X-T2. When I insert any memory (different brands and different speeds, different sizes) the error message "No Card" displays. In both slots. Doesn't matter if I have it in only slot 1 or slot 2 or 2 cards in 2 slots. I keep on getting the 'No Card" error message. I have a X-T3, and when I insert any of the cards in the X-T3 - no problems and no error messages.

All the cards were formatted. 

Thinking I just need to do a software update, I uploaded the software update to my memory card. I put the card in the camera, and the software update actually worked. However, when I want so shoot, the 'No Card" error message keeps on displaying. 

Everything works perfectly on my X-T3, so I'm hoping I didn't buy a dud camera? Or can this be fixed?? Please help

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay , I don't visit the forum often.

If you haven't solved the issue yet, check these conditions.

I assume the cards are not locked. I  assume you tried them in the XT3

Are you trying odd brand cards? They should work but I find SanDisk (the recommended card) rarely have issues.

This part I am not sure of . Are the cards used in the XT3 compatible with the XT2 ? Most cameras are backward compatible, but newer cards cannot be used with older cameras XT2 cards SDXC are the latest card that can be used . 

If all is good,

Did you reset the camera to factory specs?   If that doesn't solve the issue , you have a camera problem.

Good luck, Bob