Just ditched the Sony A7r II for an X-T3. I hope it was a smart move.

pureanalog

I realized I didn't need all that resolution and that there was something about the colors that I didn't like. They were saturated and all but not to my liking. I am also a jpg guy. The sony was a very low noise high iso camera but the images wouldn't pop. 

So I thought that Fuji would be what I am looking for beautiful colors and good jpg's.

I also contemplated pentax but I prefer the mirrorless camera.

For many this could be considered a downgrade, and not being able to use my vintage lenses properly is also a drawback but the sony just didn't cut it for me.

let me also tell you that I am a film guy too.

On 1/1/2021 at 12:38 AM, pureanalog said:

I realized I didn't need all that resolution and that there was something about the colors that I didn't like. They were saturated and all but not to my liking. I am also a jpg guy. The sony was a very low noise high iso camera but the images wouldn't pop. 

So I thought that Fuji would be what I am looking for beautiful colors and good jpg's.

I also contemplated pentax but I prefer the mirrorless camera.

For many this could be considered a downgrade, and not being able to use my vintage lenses properly is also a drawback but the sony just didn't cut it for me.

let me also tell you that I am a film guy too.

From what you told , you will enjoy using Fujifilm . Xt-3 has the classic vintage feel in using , also Fujifilm jpg are nice compared to other systems . Wish you a happy photography year ahead with Fujifilm .you can get adapers for vintage lens ,most are compatible with Fujifilm x Mount . you can add autofocus to vintage lens too using DJI LiDAR autofocus .so , enjoy the Fujifilm experience ! , Welcome to the Fujifilm family .

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 9:38 AM, pureanalog said:

The sony was a very low noise high iso camera but the images wouldn't pop. 

Be careful, here. The human brain is 50% image processor. Low noise can be the reason your images do not pop but film simulation can add graininess by introducing spacial and chromatic noise. Our brains pick up on this pointillism. Add temporal noise to the array for even more realism.

Some things can be done to abnormally-perfect sensor scans to make them more real-life. That is what Fujifilm does with film simulation.

Edited by bhu