Upgrade Help

MikeJones

Hi folks! 

I want to upgrade from the X-T1. 
I am choosing between the X-T2, X-T3 and X-T4. 

I am a portrait, street scene / detail in the environment photographer. I’m a slow shooter who shoots single AF almost exclusively and takes very few shots per shoot or outing. I’ve a lot of experience with analogue cameras. I have no interest in video or in specific presets other than Acros. I shoot with only midrange primes like 35 and 50.
Budget is not an issue but I don’t want to spend money on features I don’t need when I could use the money for other things. I might occasionally do a paid outdoor photo shoot. I rarely shoot in low light but sometimes by window light indoors. So I want a capable professional camera that covers these requirements. 

What do you think? :) please don’t suggest a camera I didn’t mention! Thanks 

On 12/27/2020 at 7:45 AM, MikeJones said:

Hi folks! 

I want to upgrade from the X-T1. 
I am choosing between the X-T2, X-T3 and X-T4. 

I am a portrait, street scene / detail in the environment photographer. I’m a slow shooter who shoots single AF almost exclusively and takes very few shots per shoot or outing. I’ve a lot of experience with analogue cameras. I have no interest in video or in specific presets other than Acros. I shoot with only midrange primes like 35 and 50.
Budget is not an issue but I don’t want to spend money on features I don’t need when I could use the money for other things. I might occasionally do a paid outdoor photo shoot. I rarely shoot in low light but sometimes by window light indoors. So I want a capable professional camera that covers these requirements. 

What do you think? :) please don’t suggest a camera I didn’t mention! Thanks 

Xt-4 ! Newer more improvements than previous models. In the list you provided ! .

Edited by K PRETHVIRAJ

Hi Mike. For me the screen design might be the main thing to consider. If you can put up with the selfie screen then X-T4 is the obvious choice, but if you prefer tilt screen, I'd take X-T3 plus some good speedbooster for your analog lenses which gives you FF look, improved sharpness and one stop of light gethering power.

I never thought xt-4 screen is a disadvantage ! .a screen which can be tilted and rotated in any direction , usually makes it useful to shoot in different positions and angles .yes taking selfies and the trend associated with it is not nice , even i don't like selfie trend and I prefer the real way of taking pictures .but the selfie screen Never Become a issue for shooting as usual and as i Heard you can even close the screen , Which makes the camera even more classic and invoke a way of shooting with a screenless camera . Anyway it's my personal opinion .all factors considered xt-4 has improvement in Many other aspects compared to xt-3 so i would be choosing newer model with newer technological advancements . Have a nice day ahead !

Edited by K PRETHVIRAJ

14 minutes ago, mdm said:

Hi Mike. For me the screen design might be the main thing to consider. If you can put up with the selfie screen then X-T4 is the obvious choice, but if you prefer tilt screen, I'd take X-T3 plus some good speedbooster for your analog lenses which gives you FF look, improved sharpness and one stop of light gethering power.

I've been looking for a speedbooster , I heard viltrox is good ,but it doesn't reproduce color well etc... Can you recommend a speed booster which is good ! . speedbooster with autofocus functionality like the viltrox speedbooster ! . thanks in advance , have a nice day !

Just now, mdm said:

Nop. I'm not familiar with AF speed boosters. I've talked about manual focusing lenses and the best option for them is Metabones speed boosters. Colour rendition may differs from x-lenses but you always can tweak it in post.

Thank you so much ! . I'll try metabones first then ! .have a awesome day ahead ! 

4 hours ago, K PRETHVIRAJ said:

I never thought xt-4 screen is a disadvantage ! .a screen which can be tilted and rotated in any direction , usually makes it useful to shoot in different positions and angles .yes taking selfies and the trend associated with it is not nice , even i don't like selfie trend and I prefer the real way of taking pictures .but the selfie screen Never Become a issue for shooting as usual and as i Heard you can even close the screen , Which makes the camera even more classic and invoke a way of shooting with a screenless camera . Anyway it's my personal opinion .all factors considered xt-4 has improvement in Many other aspects compared to xt-3 so i would be choosing newer model with newer technological advancements . Have a nice day ahead !

WOW!  Obviously spoken from one who has never used both types of screens.  The flippy thing makes it impossible to shoot "tilted and rotated in any direction".  Yes you can flip it that way, but viewing is distorted and impaired. I tried the XT-4 and sent it back.  All the improvements and upgrades in the world would not overcome the detriment of the flippy thing!  I'll shoot my XT-2 & XT-3 forever if Fuji doesn't return to the LCD that works.

1 hour ago, Lumens said:

WOW!  Obviously spoken from one who has never used both types of screens.  The flippy thing makes it impossible to shoot "tilted and rotated in any direction".  Yes you can flip it that way, but viewing is distorted and impaired. I tried the XT-4 and sent it back.  All the improvements and upgrades in the world would not overcome the detriment of the flippy thing!  I'll shoot my XT-2 & XT-3 forever if Fuji doesn't return to the LCD that works.

It was my personal opinion ,